Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leduc47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Oxygen sensor
    Good day all of you
    I am having problem with my oxygen sensor on my Honda civic 98 EX it comes with 4 wires. I went to see the price of it, at the dealer, and I was chocked from it, they told me 185 .00$ each. That is why I am looking to buy a universal one, it cost a lot less money, but my problem is it comes w/o connector that I do have to wire it up with my old connecter. And the universal one does not have the same colors of the one that I have already defected. Did any one have an idea how I can wire it, and witch color goes with witch color.
    Thank you for trying to help me.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I would not recommend a universal oxygen sensor--you will pay for it in lower MPG. You might want to read this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post223376

Check the price for a Denso at RockAuto.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic Oxygen Sensor [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. Have decided to replace my Oxygen sensor, but am having a problem getting the old sensor out. (I already have the new sensor). Is very tight space. I am thinking that may be best way to break old sensor, then can put socket wrench on and remove the remaining part. Is this a good thing to do?...

Diagnosing Oxygen Sensor [ 3 Answers ]

Veh: 2001 Honda Accord LX Sedan Engine: 4-2254cc 2.3L VTEC 4cyl. F23A5 Mi: 61,707 Last MPG was ~25 (400 mi on 15.6 gal) My "Check Engine" light has been on since January. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change and they told me the "code" indicated there was probably an O2 sensor...

Darn Oxygen Sensor Removal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Trying to remove a Oxygen Sensor from a 95 Honda Civic. Is in a darn bad spot! Have about 6 inches max to maneuver... and cannot get darn thing loose (118,000 miles on car). Tried putting a little WD-40 type spray on end of sensor, but just cannot get any leverage, and am also afraid of...

View more questions Search