Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Merle Pendos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Unknown movie from 1970's - 1980's (kids movie)
    Hi I do not recall much of the movie. It was about a teen age boy perhaps a runaway. He ended up on a mountain. He meet an old recluse who taught him how to live in the forest.
    I recall one scene when winter came he survived the snowstorm by staying in a tree hole. As in a tree trunk/stump that was almost hollowed out.
    I think he also trained a bird in the movie perhaps a falcon?
    I recall that I loved this movie as a child and would like to share it with my
    Wife and other younger relatives as from what I remember is that it was a good wholesome movie.
    Strange that I can not recall the name! Thanks so much!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:06 PM
    You're thinking of 1969's "My Side of the Mountain".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a 1970's Movie about Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to find out the name of a movie I saw on HBO in the mid 70's. It was about a bunch of old people living in an apartment building, they were getting evicted so they started killing the men that were trying to evict them. They actually buried one of there victims in cement. Can...

1980's romantic TV movie [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a television movie I saw in the 1980's. I can't remember the name of the movie but I know that it was a romantic movie. There was a very good looking man who If I remember correctly was a drifter and a woman with blonde hair and throughout the entire movie they made love from the...

1980's animated movie (fantasy) for children [ 7 Answers ]

I realize this is a sketchy description, but I am desperate to find this film! All I can recall is that it was roughly in the category as "The Dark Crystal" but it had unicorns (or perhaps just one) in a forest with fawns and/or possibly centaurs. Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? ...

Name of Children's movie 1980's [ 2 Answers ]

I was 4 years old and can only remember snatches of film. About a boy who had ailing grandma. Wanted to get her magic apples. Goes to another world through mirror with this furball creature (in one incident he gets thrown in washing machine). There's an evil witch who has this tree with apples to...

1980's children's movie [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it goes like this... I'm looking for the actual name. I remember it sounding like dundar clumpkin that's what I remember as a kid and in the movie there are real actors mixed with cartoons dundar is a cartoon short chubby and I don't remember him speaking english there's a wicked cartoon guy on...

View more questions Search