Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayb09 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Forecasting payments
    Hello,

I have not clue how to derive at this answer. I am not looking for the answer just help?

If a firm pays its bills with a 30-day , what fraction of its purchases will be paid for in the current quarter?

Do I divide 30 days by how many days are in the quarter and figure out the fraction part?

Please help!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Let says I have a December year end.

My January purchases I would pay for in February.
    My Feb purchases in March
    And my March purchases in April

The quarter is Jan – March.

So I am only paying 2/3 in the actual quarter. (I pay Jan and Feb this quarter, March next quarter)
    jayb09 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    Nanamanye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb09
    Hello,

I have not clue how to derive at this answer. I am not looking for the answer just help?

If a firm pays its bills with a 30-day , what fraction of its purchases will be paid for in the current quarter?

Do I divide 30 days by how many days are in the quarter and figure out the fraction part?

Please help!!

Hi Jay,

I am also confused about this one as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payments After Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

After being discharged, a debtor begins making payments on a debt that was listed in the bankruptcy. He does this for five years, paying back about a third of the debt, then stops. Does the debtor's repayment history somehow revive the debt and thus allow the creditor to successfully sue for...

Accounts receivable and forecasting [ 1 Answers ]

A firm has forecasted sales of $4000 in January, $6000 in February and $5,500 in March. All sales are on credit. 40% is collected in the month of sale and the remainder the following month. How much is collected from accounts receivable in February?

Payments after Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I filed bankruptcy in 01 and I thought one of my creditors was left off so I continued to make payments. Upon receiving my credit report I realized it was in fact included. Can I get back all my payments since the bankruptcy?

Payments requirement [ 1 Answers ]

Need $28,974 at the end of the 10 years, and theonly investment outlet is an 8 percent long-term certificate of deposit (compounded annually). With the certificate of deposit, you make an initial investment at the beginning of the first year. (1) what single payment could be made at the...

View more questions Search