Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 13, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Need some traveling tips!
    My husband and I are traveling to Maui on Saturday. I will be 16 weeks 1 day, and I'm just a bit nervous about the flight. The travel time should take about 14 hours with a couple of short layovers between flights. I know I should get up and walk around at least once an hour, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to keep myself occupied, other than reading. I just about went crazy on a 6 hour flight, so I'm really worried that I will stress myself out. The flight home hopefully won't be as bad because we will leave around 4:15 Hawaii time (8 or 9pm our local time) and we won't get home until 11:30 the next morning. Hopefully I will be able to sleep! Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 13, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Do you have a laptop you can take to play some games?
    Or if you haven't already you can start a pregnancy journal and start it off with when you first found out you were expecting, mabey that would take up a little time.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Flights that are this long typically have a movie. So that can occupy a bit of your time. Also, you could go to your local library and get some books on tape. If you just close your eyes and listen - the time will fly by (no pun). We do this on long car trips that can last 14 hours and it just doesn't seem so bad.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 13, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Also do you knit mabey you could start a baby blanket and probely finish it by the time you get there.
    If not its really easy to learn
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 08:21 AM
    All those were excellent suggestion. I also "read" audiobooks on long trips (and while I work) and it makes the day whiz by. May I recommend Memoirs of a Geisha... very good book.

I also like to bring those puzzle books with me, and do the crossword puzzles and what not.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Those are all such fantastic ideas! Thanks so much! I think I'll be going to the library to get some audio books, then to the store to get some yarn. I completely forgot that I know how to knit! LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traveling [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im Michael Conti. Im currently enrolled in the University of Las Vegas, Nevada. Lately I have been distracted from my work in school. Im really beginning to Wonder what is out there? Im interested in experiencing new cultures, eating new food and Seeing new places and people. Im...

Traveling information [ 1 Answers ]

I will be traveling to Florida with friends in June, do I need a us passport to travel I have one from my country of birth and I don't drive so I don't have a license. Will my passport be OK?

Best small laptop for traveling [ 2 Answers ]

When I travel I would like to be able to use a small,light, inexpensive laptop which would allow me to do 2 things only: send and receive e mail and access information from the Internet using the Google search engine.I would like to be able to use it without any wires on airplanes,cars,ships ,in...

Traveling to canada [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée is a convicted felon and we want to go to canada for a weekend with our kids but we are unsure whether he can go or not due to being a felon, does anyone know how I can find out if he is able too? He isn't on probation he has been trouble free since 2000

Headlights blink when traveling [ 3 Answers ]

I have a blue bird bus. When I turn the lights on they stay on but when I start to drive they blink on and off. I've checked for water in the lens. Anything else I can look for?

View more questions Search