Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moores93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2005, 06:23 PM
    Blower Speed
    I live in Las Vegas and my Electricity bill KILLS me in the summer months.
    I have talked with other people in my neighborhood with the same model home and my bill is double theirs. I tried to get the builder out here to look at my AC, and of course they do not respond. I am trying to find ways to lower my bill.

I was wondering what is the possibility of increasing blower speed by changing pulleys? That seems the most economical way, but I don't know if would actually help.
    I also saw the threads about multispeed motors and am considering that.
    However, I like everyone else am on a budget and want to save money without spending too much.
    Can you offer any advice?

Steve
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2005, 09:50 PM
    Some blowers come from the factory with multispeed motors. It is just a simple matter of moving leads around. Unfortunately you may not have the schematic and installation manual you need to figure it out. Pulleys are cheap and much easier to figure out. The problem could also be a lack of Freon or something. You might document giving the builder a fix it or else notice. Then have an independent service man look at it. You could then talk legal action against the builder to recover the cost. Also try the BBB and the local building inspector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Speed formula help [ 6 Answers ]

OK I am taking my first physics class and I am not doing too great in it, but the good thing is this is only the first week of class. My question is about the speed formula. I know that the formula is S=D/T, but I still get the problems wrong even thow I plug in the numbers right. Here is an...

Speed [ 3 Answers ]

Ok before I start telling you the problem I'll have you know that I have : Learned sport Taekwondo for 4 years Learned brawl Taekwondo for 2 years Learned Ninjitsu for 1 year Worked out at the gym for 1 year Ok,the problem is that I am really big for my age,I'm 13 and a half years old and...

Speed and power [ 1 Answers ]

Well... I have been boxing for a while... and I think you can increase your speed hitting the speed bag.. there are many different ways to hit it... and use your head... mind is the most important thing... You can do anything if you focus... work on techniques and take it slowly... learn how to...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search