Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Can you recommend a Camera to me?
    I'm looking for a digital camera that takes pictures very quickly without a delay time.

Ex:
    If I throw my dog a ball I want to be able to see almost EVERY movement it takes for him to catch it instead of getting one picture and then missing the shot due to the delay

Can you recommend a camera and tell me how much it will be and where I can find it??

THANKS!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Pretty much all current digital cameras have a 'burst mode' to take the pictures in the way that you mentioned. I have had success with Canon cameras, here is an example: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...gon=&langid=EN
    id11vcna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Look for the FPS rating (Frames Per Second) of any camera you are looking at. The higher the number, the better. Look into SLR cameras for the highest ratings. I won't post a biased opinion of brands, just look at the numbers and decide what feels good and fits within your budget - the higher frame rates will be higher dollars.
    roadstar1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Pretty much, the 'point and shoots' have a delay time in recording the image while the digital SLRs have a faster capture. It's just the speed that the camera transfers the image to the memory chip. If true rapid shooting is what you need, then a digital SLR would be better.
    ranger59 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I recommend getting a Digital SLR if you want to capture fast action with minimal amount of delay.
    lschoeggl Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Dec 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Really recommend the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. It's a great entry into DSLR cameras, which are really in my professional opinion the only thing you can consider for good digital shots without delay. You can also rapid fire (hold down the shutter) and get multiple photos within a single second. The Digital Rebel retails for between 500 and 600 so it's an investment but well worth it. For a consumer "entry level" camera, the feature set is phenomenal and it takes good photos. One caveat: DSLRs are bigger than their point and shoot cousins, so don't expect to be able to stick one in your pocket or purse. Still, if you care about great photos, this is the way to go.

Dec 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Forgot to tell you where to look -- B&H is a great store for all things photo. Here they are selling the camera with a lens as a kit:
    Canon | EOS Digital Rebel XTi Digital Camera Kit | 1239B001

And you can read more about the camera in general here:
    EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - EOS Digital SLR Cameras - EOS 35mm SLR Cameras - Lenses - Flashes - Digital SLR Camera - EOS Digital Rebel - Canon USA Consumer Products

Have fun!

Dec 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Sorry, that last link didn't come across right. Here it is again:

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - EOS Digital SLR Cameras - EOS 35mm SLR Cameras - Lenses - Flashes - Digital SLR Camera - EOS Digital Rebel - Canon USA Consumer Products

And if that still doesn't work, go to usa.canon.com and then click on the button on the right side (top) that says "Product Search" and go into the Consumer Product Search and then enter Digital Rebel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Would you recommend marrige [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 22 will finish school next year Still living with my mother and brother and now fiancé in ny My mother just recently got a divorce with my father I was born in poland and have lived there for the first 10 years of my life She is 28 and not a us citizen so that is one of the reason we want...

View more questions Search