I afraid to speak
    roshaniparab Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Don't know why
    cschang Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roshaniparab
    i afraid to speak english but i want to speak fluently
    The major reason why most people are afraid to speak is the FEAR of making mistakes and the FEAR of other's judgment. But you have to realize that these FEAR exist only in your head. A good trick is go to a store, like seven elevan, buy a soda, and make a brief conversation with the cashier while you pay your soda. Tell yourself that you probably won't see this cashier in awhile and that this cashier probably won't remember you the next time he/she sees you. I hope this helps.
    Suseelan Sadasivan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Hi ,

I had sent you some TIPS to start with .Have you started?
    You will note that the same point :"" what others will think:"" is again pointed out by cschang .

So a) Have you started practising in front of a mirror?
    b) Follow cs changs advice.
    c) Obseve how others talk .

SS
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Speak English to someone every chance you have. Immigrants come to the library where I work and are very shy. I encourage them to talk, to practice speaking English. If you don't talk, you will never get experience. Immersion in a language (living in it, speaking it constantly) is the best way to learn.

Also, send me mail and we can write back and forth. In fact, I will send you mail now.
    whisperingwind06 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Its hard I know to gather your courage and leave it in the hands of strangers. But, realize that although you depend highly on people that can't understand you well, compassion is in everyone's nature mistakes as well. Wanting to do better for yourself is nothing you should be embarrassed about, learning and enlightenment are all a part of life. Learning languages is always hard, but you can get no where if you do not take them head on.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 04:33 AM
    I can tell you that if you are worried about how other people think then your problem is not Speaking but shyness. Most country leaders don't know how to speak English but can lead nations, It doesn't mean if you can speak English you're accomplished.

Don't be afraid, as long as the other party is understanding what you are saying that's what matters...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If someone can speak chinese, I need your help! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I have found this forum to be quite valuable and I am hoping someone can help me out. I am looking to purchase some goods from a Chinese manufcature and import them to Australia. The product in particular are chair covers and the prices I have been quoted are very cheap. The...

Does anyone speak Tagalog? [ 15 Answers ]

I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

3 YR old do not speak [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, This is my first post here I have a problem my 3 yr old does not speak,we want to train him but he don't give much importance to our words,though his hearing powers are excellent,he sometimes utter2-3 words of his own choice, We are in foreign country and have very few friends here,so...

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View more questions Search