Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saravana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Teacher interview
    How would you involve parent in your teaching profession?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Can you explain a little more, in what respect? I don't know if you are a student or a teacher,
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
    At the beginning of the school year you could make a phone call to each of your student's parents and tell them something positive about their kids. Parents are usually expected teachers to call about something negative. If they see that you see the great qualities in their kids they will be more willing to help and cooperate with you throughout the school year. Parental involvement is extremely important and one way to increase this is to keep good relationships with the parents(and their kids). You could also send letters home asking for volunteer helpers(paper work, bulletin boards, etc.)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
    The Education World website has an article on this subject - Education World® : Special Theme: Parent Involvement in Schools!

The NEA has an article on parent involvement on their website - NEA: Help for Parents - NEA

Parent involvement can be at home or outside the home. We think of all the volunteer hours doing school fundraisers, being on the PTA board, being the classroom Mother/Father, putting in time with helping the teachers change over bulletin boards or working in the library, etc. But it can also be at home, by reading to their child, checking homework (not doing it), making sure their child gets the proper nutrition and sleep and medical care, etc.

A couple of other sites:
    Parent Involvement in Education
    Critical Issue: Supporting Ways Parents and Families Can Become Involved in Schools
    Creating the School Climate and Structures to Support Parent and Family Involvement
    Constructing School Partnerships with Families and Community Groups

There is also the "Project Appleseed" for community involvement in the schools.
    Project Appleseed, Leave No Parent Behind - Parental Involvement in Public Schools

One more resource - the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education -
    National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education (NCPIE)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
    I used to work for a Head Start, rankrank55. Now there is an agency that gets parents involved, whether they want to or not! It is actually a requirement for parents and they have options on how to fulfill that.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I love the HeadStart program, it really gives under privileged children a boost!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Teacher [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating to be an elementary educator in the Fall of 2008; can any experienced teachers provide me with some tips for first year teachers?:)

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

This teacher needs an answer... [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what the following code means: OA9 OA4 TRI The zeros actually have a slash through them although I can't show that using my keyboard. I believe the TRI refers to TriCities Airport in Blountville TN. Any idea??

Teacher training interview [ 3 Answers ]

I have an interview and need to know some answers to these questions? 1. what do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? 2. The Primary National Strategy is based on the Principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning...

View more questions Search