Ask
    tennistec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Above ground pool
    How do you electrically install an above ground pool
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
    This is a 'loaded' question. Why would you want power to your above ground pool ?
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Your question is not clear. There are two main electrical components that you need to consider for any pool.

1) The pump and any peripheral electrical equipment MUST be run of GFIC protected circuits. GFIC refers to a ground fault interrupter which prevents amperage spikes in the current in your pool pump electrical circuit. Essentially this can be likened to a "hair trigger" in the circuit breaker for your pool opening the connection quickly if a current spike as a result of a ground faulting circuit is detected. It stops you and your family from dying - so make sure you are using one.

2) You pool frame should be grounded to the main electrical ground of your house or an external bonding plate or rod. Any metal objects located within four feet of the edge of your pool should be grounded in this fashion to prevent personal injury.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under above ground pool goes. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I put up a 15' above-ground pool. I do not have any great level spot in the yard but found an area that worked okay. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom of a slope... so it stays wet easily. This year, I'm wondering what to put under it besides the tarp-thing that came with it. If I made a...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

In ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have opened(removed cover) my inground pool for the summer and discovered that there are 4 creases in the bottom. Can you assist in an explanation on why this would happen. They are about 3-4 ft long and 1/8" wide in different areas.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

View more questions Search