Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lauran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Just look fat
    Hi,
    Im 24 year old female. I have a healthy BMI (normal). I don't eat a lot and I had been working out in the gym doing both weight and cardio about 3 time a week. However, I am still looking very fat. How come ? I am not obese under the BMI range and I eat very little. How do I make myself look slimer ?

Regards
    Lauran
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
    If you are working out at a gym and eating healthy things, then I would give it some time. It can take many months of training to get to look better and to be the weight that you want. Please be patient. It sounds like you are on the right track to accomplish your goal.

I would also get with a trainer to see about exercises and weight training concerning the toning of the appearance of your body.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 07:09 AM
    It is possible to gain weight in the first few weeks when you start exercising,( because of a gain in muscle mass can be 2-3 lbs.) Another change is an increase in blood volume, our bodies increase blood volume so more oxygenated blood can be supplied to muscle. So be patient with this. The cardio and weights are great that your doing. Small changes, it takes only a 500 calorie deficit below your BMR to loss 1 pound of body fat per week. Create a 250 calorie deficit through your diet and exercise. Don't weight yourself every week. 2-3 lbs aweek loss is good, work out for 2 weeks, weight yourself, if you haven't lost 1 lb, lower your intake, Drinks tons of water also. Try walking also, work up to a mile 2-3 times a week. Make sure your cutting out the fatty foods, high sodium or sugar foods, and white flour. Smaller portions, eat 2-3 oz of protein with every meal. And most importantly, read nutritional labels, and really stick to the one serving size... of everything per meal! Just give it time, you'll get there!
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jun 11, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Hi Lauran ,
    Sounds like you do some things right . Clough had some good words about patience , time and trainer . Lovelesspa always can discuss nutrition quite thoroughly . Now me in the equation .
    You typed " had been working out " as in past tense . Have you stopped working out ? You worked out 3 times a week . You may require 4-5 workouts a week to see an acceptable weight loss ? Of course you need to drink 4-5 liters of water every 24 hours . Don't forget the sittups , crunches , ball , etc. to look slimmer .
    Good luck... Russell
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Hi the other posters all gave great advice but here is another approach which I think may be applicable..

Perhaps you only look fat to yourself? I'm not saying you have an Eating Disorder but perhaps there is some other emotional issue here that you are projecting onto your body. Sometimes you have to believe the scales. It seems to be very common (with the people I know at least) for how people feel to influence how they think look.

Perhaps extending your focus onto other things i.e. charity work will help you feel better about yourself. Do things to improve yourself esteem - join clubs, go out with friends etc.

When you look in the mirror and think you look fat- ask yourself why. See if you can figure out the underlying issue - and remedy that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Too Fat [ 25 Answers ]

When people see me they say that I have a really hot body, but I can't see it. I'm 5'0'' and I weigh about 93lbs, but I swear its 93lbs of fat. I've tried diets and exercise to tone my body, but I'll just stay the same size and gain weight from the muscle. What is a quick and easy way to fix my fat...

I want to get fat [ 34 Answers ]

Hey guys. For some reason I want to get fat. I've already gained 10 pounds. I find it erotic for some reason. I've always wanted to become fat my whole life but I couldn't because I was worried of what people would think of me. I'm 5'7 170. I have a chubby belly but I'm thinking of eating for fatty...

Want to become fat [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 23. I'm so thin. I want to become fat so soon. At least with in 2 months. My height is 5'4 and I'm only 40 kgs. Please help me on this. Could you suggest me some tips on this Bye

About fat [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I have lot of fat at my chest area and I want to loose fat from the chest area. Can any one suggest me how I can loose fat from chest area by exercises?

View more questions Search