Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needyourhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2005, 11:55 AM
    Nut on wall pipe is too corroded and won't come off
    The wall pipe under the kitchen sink has a hole. I already disconnected the end that attaches to the trap, but the side that connects to pipe in the wall is badly corroded and the nut won't come loose. I already tried banging the pliers with a hammer and WD40. I can't get it to budge at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am worried about using a hack saw, because if I go to far I could damage the pipe in the wall...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2005, 09:11 PM
    What you need to do is hammer on the nut itself. Work you way around it hitting it fairly firmly with a hammer. Hit both sideways and length ways. Keep it soaked with the WD-40 the whole time. Heating with a torch and quenching it also works well. Once you have the nut loose, you may need to collapse the tubing and drive a chisel between it and the pipe going into the wall to remove it. Again, a torch might save some work. It also might set something on fire. Be careful about what else is near.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crack in pipe that enters the wall under sink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a crack in the chrome pipe that goes from the wall into the PVC that my kitchen sink dumps into. Is there a way to fix this without ripping out the wall and replacing that pipe?

Fixing an elbow on a pipe against an outside wall? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a leak on an outside pipe coming from the 90 degree elbow bend (I think). I have wrapped it in that hardening tape, but it still leaks (much less now). I would like to fix the leak completely, but here are my problems. The pipe is right up against a wall, so getting around it is pretty...

Copper pipe minimum depth in wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Is there a minimum depth that copper pipe must be installed within walls? In other words, minimum clearance between the pipe and the drywall? I know there is for electrical lines, so somebody hanging a picture doesn't drive the nail in and electrocute themselves. I have an...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Broken pipe in wall [ 1 Answers ]

:'( Trying to fix clogged drains. While unscrewing pipe fitting from wall, pipe cracked. Lots of buildup in the grooves. Trying to replace the fitting and it won't fit due to grooves not being clean. What 's the best way to clean the grooves. Been "chipping" at it for 2 days... we are out both...

View more questions Search