Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cap3d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 09:51 PM
    How to plug leaking oil heat copper lines at floor level
    Copper supply and return lines (1/2" copper) remain from a removed oil heater. The 3' lines are cracked at the concrete floor level and weep oil when moved. What is the best way to seal these lines at floor level? I have thought of using a wooden or metal plug, solder or epoxy. Since the lines are cracked, crimping them above the floor may not be effective.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 01:49 AM
    First I would suck the oil out of the line or you will be fighting this forever. Then once the oil is gone cut them off at floor level and cement patch over the lines. The cement will flow down into the hollow lines forming a good seal. BUT you have to suck the oil out first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from copper to plastic water lines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am trying to move the water supply lines for the bathroom so that I can begin framing a bathroom in the basement. The water lines are going right across the bottom of the floor joists where I need to put up the headers for the walls so I need to move them. My brother in law was...

Wizard Riding Mower oil plug [ 8 Answers ]

I feel really silly asking this , but where do you drain the oil out of a wizard riding mower? I inherited this mower, but no instructions.

Copper Pipe Threads leaking [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a new shower regulator after moving the copper piping. The solder joints are holding but the threads on one side of the regulator are seeping (about 1 drip a min). Looks like the teflon tape missed a thread to two... I can't take it apart and try again because it's affixed to...

P-trap below floor level [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having some plumbling work done(adding washer to half bath). The plumber can out and connected a drain to the main line for the washer. The problem I don't understand why he installed a P-trap under the floor which is to be filled in with concrete later. I also concerned on how he will vent...

View more questions Search