Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeaSmith31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Maytag CWG3100 AAE gas wall oven will not ignite
    Our electric glow bar is glowing, but will not ignite or will take over 90 - 120 seconds to finally ignite. What needs to be done to repair? This oven is about 2 -3 years old.
    Thank you.
    roybly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 09:48 AM
    My CWG3100 AAE did the same thing. It got to the point where it took 10 minutes to ignite, and now it won't ignite at all (Even though the glow bar is glowing) I went to an appliance repair to get a coil for a gas dryer and thetechnician told me the problem with the oven is most likely the igniter. He said this is a common problem. Even though the igniter is glowing, it isn't glowing hot enough to allow the gas to flow.
    roybly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 08:22 PM

I installed a new igniter today on mine and it fixed the problem. I hope it fixes yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace won't ignite sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 yr old carrier weathermaker gas forced air furnace model 58sxa080 the furnace works fine most of the time although every so often usually in the mourning and sometimes during the day ( after the thermostat sets itself back to 65 overnight) when the thermostat calls for the...

Burners won't ignite--no gas? [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox model GMP075-3. Installed in '95. I've tried resetting according to instructions on access cover panel (turn heat to 'off', turn off power to furnace, turn gas valve to 'off' for 5 minutes, etc.) When I call for heat, small (induction?) fan runs for a few seconds, the igniter unit glows...

Intermittent Wall Oven [ 8 Answers ]

I own a Frigidaire convection wall oven model FEB386CE. After the oven has reached the programmed temperature and has been operating for a while the broil and bake elements stop working. It appears that once the oven has cooled, they again are functional. The convection element works any time. I...

Wall oven [ 2 Answers ]

I got new wall oven. It was working for a while now it's not working. Oven light, clock and all buttons are working but the when I set it for bake it does not warm up. I have it connected directly to 220 volt outlet. Do I need fuse panel between oven and power outlet?

Installing a new wall oven [ 1 Answers ]

We are upgrading to new appliances in our 60's something kitchen. The new wall oven has red,black, white and bare copper wires in the armored cable. My old oven only used black, white and bare copper. I assume the black and white are both hot. Should I connect these to the black and red at the...

View more questions Search