Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeaSmith31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Water leaking to basement only when using shower, not tub
    When I use my shower, I have a very small amount of water leaking to the basement (a small puddle on floor). It NEVER happens when the tub is used for a bath. It has a fiberglass surround that was installed about 6 years ago, but the leak just started about 4 months ago, and doesn't seem to happen with every shower.
    Thank you for any help.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Jun 11, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Did someone new move in about 4 months ago or did you change something in the shower. Usually this kind of irregular leak is traced back to a particular bather. One who gets more water on the walls then anyone else. Usually this type of leak is coming from an inproper seal around the handles or trim of the valve and sometimes it is because of a cracked shower arm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I went through three tub spouts trying to solve the problem I am having. When I install the spout, everything is fine when you turn the water on. When you pull up the diverter for the shower, water leaks out of the hole in the bottom of the...

Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack...

Cannot redirect water from tub to shower in Bathroom tub water fixrure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mohen bathtub fixture. When pulling the stem on the spout to change from bathtub to shower, water does redirect to the shower head but continues to flow from the tubspout. I have removed the spout and the shower head and the water flows properly (from both) Could someone please advise...

2nd floor Shower leaking down to basement [ 9 Answers ]

The shower stall upstairs is leaking down to our basement. I noticed that the leak runs down along the main drain pipe. Is this a grout problem or something related to the actual drain? The water that runs down on the actual perimeter of the drain pipe. And it's a good amount of water that runs...

Tub/ shower leaking. Price Pfister valve question. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! We have an old Price Pfister Tub and shower faucet. It has been dripping for some time now and I would like to replace the whole thing with something newer anyway. If at all possible I would like to do it myself. I have been doing some research and have found that the new OX8 valves have a...

View more questions Search