Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmelapple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Personal injury claim
    I was recently struck and run over by a car while walking with my children. They were not harmed physically, rather mentally and psychologically. They witnessed the whole accident! I suffered a left fibia & tibia break ( bottom leg), and 3 broken bones in my right foot. Approximately how much would a settlement be?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Hello carmel:

It depends on how good your lawyer is and how you heal. Not everybody is the same. Don't talk to their insurance company and hire a good lawyer.

excon
    melmalah Posts: 14, Reputation: -5

Sep 4, 2010, 12:58 AM
    Contact *** OK all of the advertising has been edited out.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Sep 8, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carmelapple View Post
    I was recently struck and run over by a car while walking with my children. They were not harmed physically, rather mentally and psychologically. They witnessed the whole accident! I suffered a left fibia & tibia break ( bottom leg), and 3 broken bones in my right foot. Approximately how much would a settlement be?
    A lot of it depends on facts that you haven't listed and may not know at this point. Recovery in auto cases is often limited by the insurance policy of the offending driver. Also, where you are located makes a difference. For example, in some jurisdictions, your children may be able to receover for their emotional claims, while in other jurisdictions, you can not recover absent physical contact with the vehicle.

In any event, let us know where you are located and we can start from there.

Edit... oops. Didn't realize this guy dug up an old post.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sideoutshu View Post
    Edit...oops. Didn't realize this guy dug up an old post.
    Why do they do this?

This person was trying to dug up some business, evidently, but still...
    :rolleyes:
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Sep 8, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Why do they do this?

This person was trying to dug up some business, evidently, but still ...
    :rolleyes:
    Yes, I wish they would have left it. I would have liked to see who the lawyer is that he is recommending. Then call him... lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 05:47 PM

It's a she, not a he - Mona Elmalah is her name. She's trying to get a blog going for some reason or another. I have the name of the firm around here somewhere. I'm sure they weren't very happy with the "recommendation."

Read some of her posts - quite interesting.

Read them quickly before she and they disappear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injury law [ 1 Answers ]

Can you sue a negligent individual in a workmans comp injury?

Repetitive Strain Injury [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post as my query relates to RSI (repetitive strain injury) also known as Work Related Upper Limb Disorder. It is recognized sometimes as a disability so I hope this is the right place. I have basically suffered from RSI since November 2005...

Back injury [ 1 Answers ]

A person has an accident to his/her back and then has another accident 11 years after and this also affects the back which he injured in the first instance. Has anyone else suffered like this and hasn't been allowed by lawyers to put the two together when going to law ? This person is still...

View more questions Search