Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbcomp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Vent pipe clog?
    Suds from the upstairs sink are coming up in the downstairs sink, also one toilet in the downstairs bathroom makes a huge bubble noise when you flush it, and will not flush completely, but needs to be flushed several times to clear it. I have had 2 plumbers and one drain cleaning company here, no one can solve this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Jun 11, 2007, 11:23 PM
    It does sound like it is related to a vent. Try taking a hose and filling up the vents. Be sure to have plenty of people to watch all of the different drains that water may come up. If it comes up the vent, you will know that your vent is clogged. Then again it may be a horizontal line that has backwards grade like where a part of it has sunk down beneath the air space of the rest of the pipe if you will. You probably need to get a camera down the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keeping pipe line clog free [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to keep the drainage pipes clog free. What type of a maintenance routine should I follow? Thanks for your in put.crm

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

Could this be a vent clog? [ 1 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I noticed while taking a shower that the toilet was making a loud bubbling noise... soon after the noise started - the water in the shower began to stop draining. Since the shower and toilet are right next to one another, I assumed that there must be a clog in the drain somewhere...

Vent pipe clog! Help [ 3 Answers ]

Well first of all the vent pipe is clog with something, toilet don't flush the washer drain gurgles, shower does not drain right either, think because of the vent problem, how do I clear my vent out, The house was like this when I bought it, and they told me that the vent is probably clog with...

Can frozen drain pipe be clog? [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for being an expert. All the fixtures in my ground-floor bathroom addition refuse to drain. The water runs (not frozen pipes), and the plumbing in the rest of the house is fine. Before it stopped draining there was a few days of water sputtering up the shower drain and/or the sink drain...

View more questions Search