Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janie279 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 04:52 AM
    College transcripts
    Where do transcripts end up if a college closes down?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Check with your state's Department of Education, or that state where the college is located. Most states try to acquire those academic records when a college is closed, so that the records will be preserved.
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Jun 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by janie279
    Where do transcripts end up if a college closes down?
    Anytime a school closes they are required to turn over all of their student records to the state. Google you state and closed schools and you should find the right department. If it was more than 20 yrs ago you might have some trouble but I have help many students through this process and we have always been able to locate their transcripts. Good luck.
    elviraz2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 06:10 PM
    I went to American Hispanic private school in Westminster CA in 2004, and it closed its door, how can I get a sealed transcript to continue with my education?
    elviraz2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs View Post
    Check with your state's Department of Education, or that state where the college is located. Most states try to acquire those academic records when a college is closed, so that the records will be preserved.
    I tried the CA state department and they don't have nothing from privates schools.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

College to go to [ 2 Answers ]

I want to become a teacher anyone no a really good college in Ohio I thought about Youngstown university any advise would be greatly welcomed

Sacrifice boyfriend for college [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short, I'm 20, my boyfriend is 24, we live together in upstate NY in a relationship of about 2 years. We love each other very much. I have always had a dream of being on the NASCAR circuit (I know, weird for a girl) and I have had my heart set on going to NASCAR Tech in North Carolina....

College [ 6 Answers ]

With colleges that require you to live on campus the first year or two, will any allow you to bring your baby with you? I know Longwood allows it in certain cases but I was wondering if anyone knew of others that did. If not does anyone know if those colleges will let you live off campus instead?

View more questions Search