Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLMom42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
    "Disestablishment of Paternity" filed by Father...
    Last year I filed for child support through the state, after 8 years. Due to the father of my child not signing the birth certificate a paternity test was issued and the results came back 99.8% that my ex boyfriend that I lived with for almost 4 years, IS the father and has been ordered to pay support. I left him when my child turned 5 weeks old. I have now been served with papers staying "disestablishment of paternity", how is this so when the state determined him to be the father. Thanks in advance for any information provided.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
    I'm not sure how he thinks he can win this. This site (Disestablishment of Paternity - New Florida Paternity & Child Support Law) explains "disestablishment of paternity". But it seems clear. It allows a father to overturn and admission of paternity when medical evidence contradicts paternity.

But in your case, he did not acknowledge paternity, but had paternity established scientifically and legally.

Mar 19, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I'm not sure how he thinks he can win this. This site (Disestablishment of Paternity - New Florida Paternity & Child Support Law) explains "disestablishment of paternity". But it seems clear. It allows a father to overturn and admission of paternity when medical evidence contradicts paternity.

But in your case, he did not acknowledge paternity, but had paternity established scientifically and legally.

That was my thought exactly and defiantly appreciate the second opinion.

Mar 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMom42 View Post
    That was my thought exactly and defiantly appreciate the second opinion.
    I am amused! I finally was able to read through the entire petition, it goes on to state he wants majority timesharing (visitation), to change my child's last name & that he would provide insurance as long as it's reasonable to him and I drop the insurance I carry so it reduces his monthly support obligation. Mind you, I have no problem cooperating but this is a man that my child hasn't seen in almost 7 years. WOW... from one extreme to another.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Sounds like he's trying to mitigate the support obligation he got saddled with. The court will see through that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In WV, Can "father" be sued for paternity before [ 14 Answers ]

I have a friend who slept with a girl just 2.5 weeks ago on Feb 19 and 10 days later (Feb 19) she said she was pregnant and it was his. She has been harassing him NON STOP about it. I personally doubt she is even pregnant or that if she is, it's his.. But that's a whole other issue. See...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Can we choose "Married filing separate" after we filed federal return jointly? [ 2 Answers ]

Our situation is as follows: 1. I (h-1b) lived and worked in VA in2009. 2. My wife (F-1) lived and worked in MO in 2009. We jointly filed federal return for 2009. But we are not sure if we can choose "Married filing separate" when filing state tax return. We called MO dept of taxation and...

Paternity disestablishment and reimbursement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! I have recently discovered that my wife has a long term affair with her co-worker who fathered 3 of 4 of the children who were born in our marriage.The children are 12,10,8 and 5 years of age and I am a father of 8 yo only.Do I have any rights to disestablish my paternity and to sue them...

View more questions Search