Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucario94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 06:17 AM
    15 and Confused
    :confused::confused: I'm 15 and I want to move in with my mom. My mom is all for it, but my dad has his feet nailed into the ground. He has been using her as a threat. :mad:"If you do/don't ************ then I'll send you to live with your mother!":mad: sort of deal. He hasen't done it lately. What should I do?:confused::confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2009, 06:26 AM

Your mom has to file in court for a change in custody. The court will listen to all parties, including you, then make a decision.
    Lucario94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Your mom has to file in court for a change in custody. The court will listen to all parties, including you, then make a decision.
    My mom wants to avoid court though. What do I do then?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario94 View Post
    My mom wants to avoid court though. what do i do then?
    Stick it out 3 more years, then you can live wherever you want.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 10:21 AM

Well if your dad is threatening you send you to live with your mother anyway, then maybe they should just try to talk about it. Maybe it would work.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario94 View Post
    My mom wants to avoid court though. what do i do then?
    She can't avoid court. Your father was awarded custody by the court. The only way to change that is modify the court order. Even if dad says you can move in, he can change his mind and order you back as long as he has legal custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

So Confused. [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just looking for some insight. When I broke up with my boyfriend and kicked him out it was because of some issues that we were having, mostly money and his drinking. At the time he was planning on proposing to me and had a ring and everything! After I kicked him out I found text messages...

Confused as to what to do [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: You come home unexpectedly and find your door ajar. Inside, you discover your son’s friend looking through a kitchen drawer. The boy says he is looking for a paper and a pencil so he can leave your son a note. On the counter next to him is a lock-pick and some of your jewelry and he...

Am confused [ 1 Answers ]

OK so there's this guy... ahaha what a surprise :) And I know this is probably a really obvious question but just asking.. I live in WA, Australia.. he lives in Qld, Australia.. for those of you who don't know that is a freakin long way Me and this guy.. lets call him Bob.. now me and bob have...

View more questions Search