Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    ::singing::

Shiny Happy people................... :)

Haven't seen you over here yet Alty ;)

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/humor-...ys-392444.html
    Holding hands. :)

I saw it, printed it out, read it to Wiggy, he took it to work.

I'm so glad I don't work in the thermometer quality control department at Johnson &
    Johnson. :p
    Pets Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 09:51 PM

Miss Me, But Let Me Go
    Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
    And the sun has set for me.
    I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
    Why cry for a soul set free?
    Miss me a little—but not too long,
    And not with your head bowed low.
    Remember the love that was once shared.
    Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
    It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
    When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
    Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Oh goodness. Stringer, I was kidding. Also, the greenie to M was to say that we should take the "carrot" talk to a room where we can talk about carrots in arses. Not because of your post. Not at all. I posted the greenie to M before you even posted sweetie.

I had to go put the kids to bed, that's why I left. Never because of you. You could never
    ever ever do anything that would make me leave. Okay?
    I misunderstood and I am sorry for that, honestly. :)
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Sep 4, 2009, 09:17 AM

Dear Starbucks,

I don't know what to say- I have not been on this forum for a while. This evening I went on your FB wall as I have not heard from you for a while and so I went on your wall to leave a message and I realised that you have sadly passed away.

I don't know what to say and so I logged on here hoping I got it all wrong and then I found this thread- I am lost for words and v shocked.

I wanted to say thank you for everything you have done- your kind words, wisdom and support- I have only known you for a short while, nevertheless I cheerish our friendship v much. You will be missed v much by many people - that is for sure. I hope you rest well in heaven. Take care Zeeniee xx
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 04:48 AM

I was listening to my I-pod in the dark the other night (yeah, I'm weird but it's just one of my 'things' I do)

This song started playing and it just randomly made me think about Starby... I don't know why I am sharing but I just have always loved the song and now I see it differently...

YouTube - Linkin Park- Shadow of The Day ( Lyrics)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 06:42 AM
    Shaz, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard that song in a long while.

Sometimes, it strikes me, too, how much our own feelings and experiences impact the meanings we get from from music.

I'd have given you a greenie, but the mean machine told me I had to "spread the rep". I hope Starby enjoys that happening to me for the first time on this thread. It somehow seems "right" that it happened here.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 07:36 AM

Thank you Cat, yes, it does seem 'right' :)

I have quite a few songs that I can't listen too much anymore, just because they now have a different meaning for me... whether it be a friend leaving or finishing high school, there are a lot of songs that have impacted my life, good and bad.

That one however, is now in my 'sad' playlist, for when I'm feeling a bit melancholy.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Hey Starbs... I was just thinking of you today, I heard this song. Love you sweet honey!:)

YouTube - Rascal Flatts Why Lyrics
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 06:13 AM

I am so deeply sorry to all of you. I just read all the threads tody. I am so heavy hearted and shocked. I love you all, bless you Alty and rest in sweet Peace Starby.

I am so sorry, just trying to find the words,and can't but my heart is with all of you and Starby's family. Love to all you... Always.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 06:16 AM

Hey, it's been a long time! :)

Is your 'baby' OK?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Hey, it's been a long time! :)

Is your 'baby' ok?
    Hugs to you and have missed you all too so much. We can catch up later about the babies (they are doing well). Just walking around the house in a sad stupor at this news. My heart is with all of you.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:09 AM

Thanks! Well, I hope to be able to see you later! :)

I must go now...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart View Post
    Hugs to you and have missed you all too so much. We can catch up later about the babies (they are doing well). Just walking around the house in a sad stupor at this news. My heart is with all of you.
    Allheart my love. Your typing finds me in tears. I have missed hearing your voice and seeing your words. I have been so worried about you. I miss you and I love you. I'm so elated to see you back here you have no idea.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Hi, Allheart!

Yes, you've definitely been missed around here!

Welcome back! :)
    Pets Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart View Post
    I am so deeply sorry to all of you. I just read all the threads tody. I am so heavy hearted and shocked. I love you all, bless you Alty and rest in sweet Peace Starby.

I am so sorry, just trying to find the words,and can't but my heart is with all of you and Starby's family. Love to all you...Always.
    This is a gift.

Allheart, you are missed, more then I can say.

I would have contacted you, but I had no way to do so. I'm so sorry you had to find out this way.

Starby is in peace now, on that we all agree. It was a long hard road, but she reached the end and found the light.

Love you Allheart. Don't be a stranger. We all care about you and miss you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 09:18 AM

Last night I got out all my reindeer making "stuff" and realized that exactly one year ago I was making reindeer for Jo. I actually printed out her PM to me about blanket colors!

Brings it all back again -
    Pets Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Last night I got out all my reindeer making "stuff" and realized that exactly one year ago I was making reindeer for Jo. I actually printed out her PM to me about blanket colors!

Brings it all back again -
    It's going to be a tough Xmas, especially for her family.

Last year at this time I was trying to convince Jo to spend Xmas with my family. She was on the edge of agreeing, the only set back was Nicki, because Jo didn't want to drive and the Greyhound bus wouldn't take Nicki. Otherwise Jo and Nicki would have been with us.

It still haunts me. Maybe if she'd come I would have seen what was going on, I could have stopped it, she'd still be with us.

That's right, I still haven't forgiven myself. I know, I know. ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Jo didn't want to drive
    Alty hun, just think what might have happened if Jo did drive.
    Pets Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Alty hun, just think what might have happened if Jo did drive.
    Thanks J. My head knows, my heart doesn't.

I still think that there had to be something I could have done. I know it's not logical, nor does it serve a purpose, she's gone, can't change that, but... well, you know.

Heck, I still beat myself up that I didn't push the doctors harder to diagnose my dad when we finally noticed he was sick. It still would have been too late, but in my typical Alty mind I feel like I could have saved him.

Theses thoughts serve no purpose, but they're there nonetheless. :(
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 03:47 AM
    Thanks J. My head knows, my heart doesn't.

I still think that there had to be something I could have done. I know it's not logical, nor does it serve a purpose, she's gone, can't change that, but.... well, you know.

Heck, I still beat myself up that I didn't push the doctors harder to diagnose my dad when we finally noticed he was sick. It still would have been too late, but in my typical Alty mind I feel like I could have saved him.

Theses thoughts serve no purpose, but they're there nonetheless. :(
    Mother to the World, huh? IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT !!! Is that loud enough? Do we all need to shout? Hurt all you want, that's healthy, but you will not guilt trip yourself if we can do anything to stop you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Our poor Starby [ 1170 Answers ]

Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery. She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut. She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

View more questions Search