Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferminm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 01:08 PM
    AC Thermostat
    I just changed the filter in my furnace, how do I reset my thermostat to make the word "filter" stop blinking. I called the service dept. and they told me to find my users manual! I can't find it. HELP!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 01:45 PM

What make and model is your thermostat?

Here's one reset solution for a Honeywell Thermostat. I don't know if yours has an "i". This is how I reset mine.

Honeywell Programable Thermostat filter reset | Homeowner's Blog
    ferminm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    What make and model is your thermostat?

Here's one reset solution for a Honeywell Thermostat. I don't know if yours has an "i". This is how I reset mine.

Honeywell Programable Thermostat filter reset | Homeowner's Blog
    Thanks, It did work but still my AC doesn't work> I guess I need to call a tech.
    Missfixit12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 PM
    If you still cannot find the answer and your unit has an “i” button, here’s what I did:
    1. Open the control panel cover.
    2. Press the “i” button.
    3. The following should appear on the screen. (If not, press the “i” button until it does):
    0 AIR
    Days Filter
    4. In the control panel, press the ^ (up) button under the word “Time” once.
    5. The Days should change from 0 to 90.
    6. You are now good for 90 days.
    7. Close the control panel cover. You are done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

How do I wire my new honeywell thermostat replacing the old tempstar thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my old thermostat. The old is a TEMPSTAR, the new is a Honeywell model # RTH7500. When I use the directions I end up with one left over wire. We called the Honeywell hotline, the rep. said to wire it like this: red to R, white to O, Yellow to Y, Blue to C, Green to G, Orange...

Thermostat turns on furnace and then thermostat shuts back to HOLD [ 7 Answers ]

I believe that when we re-run the program with the correct date and time, if the temp has to go up, the furnace runs until it gets the appropriate temp, then it turns off and when it does that, the thermostat also turns off going to the HOLD state.:confused:

Hooking up a new thermostat but old thermostat has a white and a black wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Everything I look at indicates a white and red wire for the connecting wires. Our thermostat is probably original to our home (1943). It has two wires. It is difficult to tell but it looks like one is a white wire and the other is black. I've tried looking on the internet for some info however...

View more questions Search