Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gretasp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
    How long before a warrant is issued for unpaid fines?
    My son was fined on a (I believe bogus) assault charge. He set a court hearing date to get the fine lowered. He missed the date (today) because his car broke down and when he got to the court house, they were closed. Will a warrant be issued right away? We leave for England on Monday. Is there an issue?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gretasp View Post
    Will a warrant be issued right away? We leave for England on Monday. Is there an issue?
    Hello g:

Sure. They're not going to wait. I don't know how long it'll take for it to make its way into your computers, though. If you go, you taking a chance.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 04:38 PM

And if you somehow get out of the country, not to worry. They'll be happily waiting for your son upon his return. They just might greet him at customs at the airport with a nice surprise pair of handcuffs just his size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you travel abroad when you have a warrant for unpaid fines [ 8 Answers ]

Can you travel abroad when you have a warrant for unpaid fines?

Unpaid fines & warrents [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Independence Missouri,I was unable to pay some traffic ticket fine so they went to warrant.The fines where only $700.00 But now that they went to warrant they say I owe $2800.00.Why the $2100.00 differents.and if I paid the fines($700.00) would I still have the warrents? Thank you...

Will there be a warrant issued? [ 30 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I have been out of my parents house for almost a month. They are following through with what they have to do legaly to account for me. Im not a runaway, I was technically kicked out. Today they are in court as we speak for the accouring situation and a chins law statement. I...

Violated Probation, but a warrant hasn't been issued. [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently arrested for DUI, however I am on probation. I realize the new charge is a cause for violating my probabtion even if I feel the charge will be dismissed. I don't have a VOP warrant as of 7/11/2008. I have my very FIRST meeting with my P.O. on Monday. So my questions are after I tell...

View more questions Search