Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KottonKandii Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Pro's and Cons to running away.
    As it stands things in my life have been going the same way for as long as I can remember. I get screamed at for everything I do good or bad, I get gripped up and controlled by my father. +& my mother diagnoses herself with a new medical problem everyday. I really don't know what to do anymore I'm at my breaking point, therapists don't help, talking doesn't help and I don't know what else to do. My mom makes up excuses for everything to save her own or to make it seem like she should get sympathy for having some 'disease' +& my dad blames everything on everybody else. My father wants to leave our house and personally I don't blame him because so do I...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 05:23 PM

How old are you?

If your dad left would you want to and be able to go with him?
    Or would that not work?

Running away cons
    You never know where you are going to go or how long you can stay. You could end up with nowhere to go.
    Your parents will worry themselves to death and they will report you missing. Whoever you are with will get charged with kidnapping/harboring a minor.

Pros
    IDK I DON'T C ANY!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KottonKandii View Post
    As it stands things in my life have been going the same way for as long as I can remember. I get screamed at for everything I do good or bad, I get gripped up and controlled by my father. +& my mother diagnoses herself with a new medical problem everyday. I really dont know what to do anymore im at my breaking point, therapists dont help, tlaking doesnt help and idk what else to do. My mom makes up excuses for everything to save her own or to make it seem like she should get sympathy for having some 'disease' +& my dad blames everything on everybody else. My father wants to leave our house and personally I dont blame him because so do I...
    Hi, KottonKandii!
    Yes, knowing how old you are would be helpful to us here to be able to help you the best.

What do you mean by "gripped up and controlled by my father", please?

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 06:15 PM

Cons to running away;

* no place to go.
    * being homeless
    * no money
    * no roof over your head
    * police will probably find you anyway and make you go back

Pros

* I really can't think of any.

If you're being abused, mentally or physically, it's time to get someone else involved like CPS or a trusted family member.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 07:07 PM

Running away has no pros, sorry. You could be kidnapped and sold into a sex slavery ring. No, I am NOT kidding about this. It happens every day to some of the nicest girls and boys who ran away and were conned into this type of thing.

It's best to stay where you are right now. So mom has a new disease every day. Doesn't that tell you she is extremely unhappy? And dad does not sound too happy either. How old are you? Do you realize that you can't possibly take care of yourself if left on your own? How will you get food and shelter? You won't.

You need to realize that everything does not last forever. This situation will work itself out soon enough. Yes, I know it's hard living in a home where the parents aren't wrapped too tight, but right now you basically have no choice in the matter until you get to be 18 and then you can do whatever you want to... like move out without being branded a runaway and brought home by the cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

Legal Separation Pro's and Con's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, What would I be losing or gaining from getting legally separated from my husband? Live in the state of Virginia,I have a special needs child, I jointly own a home, any other info needed to answer the benefits or disadvatages of Legal Separation please ask. Thank you drsnip:confused:

What are the cons? [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked up crate training and I think it looks perfect .I'll be getting my puppy soon and I know all the good things about crate training but I need to know if there is anything I shold be wary about? ...

How do the pro's do it? [ 3 Answers ]

Kitchen is above garage and the sink is directly above one of the garage doors. The supply lines for the faucet travel through the floor joists channel and up through the floor to the sink. A section of the hot water line in the garage runs along and is clamped to the garage door header... about 36...

View more questions Search