Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maeflwr88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Flat hair - great, then flat again. What can I do?
    If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be SO grateful! I am at the end of my rope and nearly broke down this morning in frustration!

I have straight hair that is fine and basically no body at all. I used to have long hair and just got it just short (above my shoulder) with layers. I've been maintaining this style

This last time I went to get a haircut and LOVED how it turned out. She styled it and I got so much body.

Now here's the deal. Every time I get a great haircut I can usually get some good style from it for a week. Then my hair is back to being flat NO MATTER WHAT I DO! Its so frustrating, I just want my hair to look good!

I've tried every blow drying trick, used cheap hair products, used expensive hair product, mixed, matched, changed up my routine... but nothing seems to help. I spent all this time and money trying to tease my hair and it still just lays there flat.

I know my hair can look great, why does it change?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:10 PM

The way hairdressers get it looking so great is all in the technique!

Do you own a large round brush?
    They are fantastic for adding body.

Just wrap your hair around the brush and pull upwards while hitting it with the blowdryer.

I pretty much have the same problem as you, flat flat fllat hair.

Another way I add body really easily is rub a little mousse into my roots while it is still wet and hang my head upside down (yes, I know, strange)
    Then I blow dry while my hair is hanging down.

The mousse sets while my hair is basically standing straight up while I'm upside down, and when it settles it gives tonnes of body.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 22, 2009, 02:12 PM

Shaz said exactly what I was going to say! Those are excellent suggestions!

Another thing you could try is putting mousse or some sort of styling cream in your hair, put rollers in, and sleep with them in overnight. When you wake up, remove them and use some hair spray.
    hellogoodbyebye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Get a life or use new tresseme hairspray stuff
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 24, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hellogoodbyebye View Post
    Get a life or use new tresseme hairspray stuff
    How about YOU get some manners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flat hair to curls [ 1 Answers ]

Any way I could get my flat, thin hair to have a "curl" look to it??

Flat TV [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor purchased a flat TV. She has no cable nor satellite. I guess she gets local channels?? I don't know it it's a plasma or LCD she just watches local channels. I have a digital TV. So is the flat TV digital, and maybe she has the capacity to accept HD if she was hook up to...

Flat hair from TR [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, i had tr and now my hair is flat no valume, i hate it very much, any suggestion?

View more questions Search