Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
    So the new darling of the GOP Chris Christie is all about tightening belts, slashing this and slashing that and all the GOP loves him. But he does not walk the walk Christie and his wife used a NJ State police helicopter to fly to his son's baseball game. Landed got in a State limo drove about 100 yards got out and sat in his seat.

Then took the Helicopter back to Drumthwacket (the Governor mansion) to have dinner with High end GOP donors. If he wants teachers and state employees to cut back take furlough days etc he really isn't setting a good example. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all if he isn't telling everyone else that they need to cut back I mean seriously he got in a limo to drive 100 yards. C'mon Man!!

NJ gov. takes state helicopter to son's ballgame | AP | 06/01/2011
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:24 AM

Agree , he should immediately reimburse the state for his chopper rides unless he can prove they were State functions . His kids ball game doesn't make the cut .
    I think all pols using taxpayer rides should do the same where applicable . Wonder how much money we've spent on the Obama vacation junkets or to his golf games ?

By the way... want to trade some of those players you aren't using ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:30 AM

Who are you looking at? My life has been turned upside down the past month that I have really been slacking off on the Fantasy Baseball.

Yeah I really hate that all Pols do this nonsense.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:36 AM

I'll make an offer although it would be better if you could find the time . It's going to take a combined effort to defeat the Tx .
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:38 AM

This is the 1st time Christe has slipped up since term began. It's not a terrible gaffe if he fixes it . But he has been a bit arrogant about it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But he has been a bit arrogant about it.
    Hello tom:

He can't fix it, even if he tries, and I don't think he will. It's not about dollars any more. It's about his "entitlement" attitude. He started believing his own press. He's being wooed. He thinks he's above the fray. He's wrong.

Obama is looking more vulnerable than ever, too. I guess the Republicans will have to look further.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 09:50 AM

He has served his purpose in bringing the problem of the public unions to the forefront .
    Conservatives need to realize however that on many issues he will frustrate them .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 11:04 AM

Yep, looks bad, although the NJ State Police said he hopped along for a ride they were already taking. As always, I'm waiting to see his response.

Good luck catching the burgers.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 11:35 AM

He needs to pay for the ride and move on. They go nuts here in the northeast .Former NY Governor Patterson got capped over Yankee tickets. He ended up paying the $2,125, ticket prices ;$60,000 for three violations of the state's public officer's law,He barely beat perjury charges.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 01:09 PM

Heck of a lot cheaper than Obama's globetrotting, don't hear the left harping about his numerous excesses... and you do know there is more than just one plane when the President goes anywhere in anything. How do you think his super Limo gets around along with all the support vehicles? Right... HUGE air force cargo plane. Never hear about those anyplace do you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 01:19 PM

Yesterday his staff said they were not going to pay for it but from all the bad press he is getting from it they changed their mind. Oh and this is the second time he has taken the NJSP helicopter to his sons baseball game this is just the first time he was caught.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 01:58 PM

How could you not get caught? It's a freakin' helicopter dropping in.

So, can we bill Mimi for her personal air force?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Heck of a lot cheaper than Obama's globetrotting, don't hear the left harping about his numerous excesses....
    Hello smoothy:

Tell me about his numerous excesses and I'll harp. He DID go on vacation to Hawaii recently. That's not excessive. You don't expect him to fly commercial, do you?? You probably do - in the back of the plane.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 03:47 PM

Today he reimbursed the state for his rides. Now (as Weiner said) it's time to end this 'distraction' and 'get back to the job the people hired him to do'and all those other clichés.

Since he is so concerned about global warming ,perhaps next time he'll ride a bike or squeeze into a Prius .

While the Obamacare mandate goes through the court system there is one conspicuous absence in the debate. NJ did not join in any of the cases that Republican Governors have brought against the unconstitutional provision.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 03:50 PM
    A fine example of politics without principles
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello smoothy:

Tell me about his numerous excesses and I'll harp. He DID go on vacation to Hawaii recently. That's not excessive. You don't expect him to fly commercial, do you??? You probably do - in the back of the plane.

excon
    Gee, if ALL he did was go to Hawaii once... I'd be the first to say he earned it. Fact is... that was a drop in the bucket.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Gee, if ALL he did was go to Hawaii once....I'd be the first to say he earned it. Fact is...that was a drop in the bucket.
    You seem pretty up on Obama's vacations please list them.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    You seem pretty up on Obama's vacations please list them.
    Gee... when HAS he actually spent a week in DC... at least he stuck around for Memorial day this year... for a change. He was shamed into that for NOT doing his presidential duties at Arlington Cemetery last year.

His international jaunts are well documented online... but not his domestic ones, not in the form of a database.. for easy reference. And clearly not the personal trips. Every time you turn on the news he's someplace that's NOT Washington , DC.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 09:33 AM
    Gee...when HAS he actually spent a week in DC....
    Apparently a lot of times: President's Schedule | The White House
    Where exactly do you get your information for your statements?
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 09:37 AM

Try the news... he's always someplace that's NOT here.

I suppose you would ask John Gotti where he was every day and take his word for it.

Obama hasn't been honest about anything a single day in his life. And certainly not any more than John Gotti was. I consider them both equals on being trustworthy and honest.

And if you think the White house accounts for his whereabouts to anyone in the public with any accuracy... you'd be sadly mistaken. And there are reasons they don't, good ones actually. And those reasons transcend administrations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old doesn't talk or walk [ 5 Answers ]

[Hi, I have a 3yr old son who doesn't talk and has only started walking with the aide of a grandpa frame. He has had all different test done but will still don't have any answers. He's a very lovable boy and understands every thing you say to him, can any one help me. Regards Nicole

Talk or walk? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi crew! My new man friend + I are bad communicators. How can we talk about difficult stuff? A guy tried to chat me up at a bar + he got really upset, with me. We didn't talk about it + even though we are close + involved, we have never broached the subject of where we are. We spend a...

What should I do to make my daughter walk and talk? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was born on Dec. 22, 2007. She's 1 yr 4 months now. She still can't talk, she only mumbles. I mean she wants to talk but the words coming out of her mouth cannot be understood. When she walks, she always fall and she always want something to held on to. What should I do to make her walk...

Talk and walk [ 1 Answers ]

How do I teach a child to talk and walk

All talk but no walk [ 1 Answers ]

When I talk to my finance I say s things like ill get better or ill do it or sorry but I say things but don't have the actions to prove it, I mean what I say but I don't do what I say and I don't know how to express myself and I don't know how to make the words come out right I don't think before a...

View more questions Search