Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    18111980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2013, 12:04 PM
    Partner doesn't allow me to keep children
    I have 2 children and my partner does not allow me to keep the kids. He is British and I have the Leave to remain in the UK only for 2 years. And I want to go back in my country ,in here I don't have the right to benefits and to be a single mother with 2 young children is not gone be easy.. My question is.. What are my rights ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 3, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Is his name on their birth certificates?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2013, 12:34 PM
    By partner I assume you are not married. Marriage may let you remain in the UK.

What do you mean by "keep the kids"? Do you not live together? Is he not allowing you to take them with you when you need to leave the UK? We need to understand the situation better to help.

Nov 3, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Is his name on their birth certificates?
    Yes he is !

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    By partner I assume you are not married. Marriage may let you remain in the UK.

What do you mean by "keep the kids"? Do you not live together? Is he not allowing you to take them with you when you need to leave the UK? We need to understand the situation better to help.
    Yes we do live together and I want to go back home with the children and he is not letting me to do that .

Nov 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 18111980 View Post
    Yes we do live together and I want to go back home with the children and he is not letting me to do that .
    Ok, so its not that he won't let you keep the children, but that he won't let you take them from him out of the country. And I'm assuming that its not just for a visit but when your visa expires.

Sorry, but he has equal rights to the children. Just as you think its unfair for him to keep you from them, he thinks its unfair for you to take them from him.

Bottom line is you have to either go to court and prove that the children will be better off returning to your country with you. Not a good chance since I'm assuming they are British citizens. Or you find some way to stay in the UK (Marriage?)

Nov 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Ok, so its not that he won't let you keep the children, but that he won't let you take them from him out of the country. And I'm assuming that its not just for a visit but when your visa expires.

Sorry, but he has equal rights to the children. Just as you think its unfair for him to keep you from them, he thinks its unfair for you to take them from him.

Bottom line is you have to either go to court and prove that the children will be better off returning to your country with you. Not a good chance since I'm assuming they are British citizens. Or you find some way to stay in the UK (Marriage?)
    Thank you... I think we will go to the court and I can prove that he is not a good father and never did nothing for the children and my kids will be better without hem . If he will ever want to see the children I'm okay with that .

Nov 3, 2013, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 18111980 View Post
    Thank you... I think we will go to the court and I can prove that he is not a good father and never did nothing for the children and my kids will be better without hem . If he will ever want to see the children I'm okay with that .
    He's not a good father but you are OK with him seeing them. Isn't that a contradiction?

You say he never did anything for them, but helps provide a roof over their heads and food on the table.

You will need a solicitor to prepare a case that the court will believe because your case is shaky so far. Add to that the fact that the children are British citizens and I think you will be fighting a losing proposition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex partner wants to see our 2 children [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a letter from a solicitor stating my ex partner wants to see our 2 children . He has had no contact with them for a year and a half and has never paid for them and also is into drugs is there a chance he could be granted access

Can my partner adopt my 2 children,there father doesn't have contact with them [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with my partner for 4 years I have 2 chidren from a previous relationship my children don't have any contact with there real dad he doesn't pay csa and they haven't seen him for 3 years.could my new partnes adopt them and how?

Does my partner have rights to see his children [ 12 Answers ]

My partner has two children by his ex partner, they separated a long time ago and she had made it very difficult for him to see his son and daughter,she has sent him nasty & treatening text messages and has pestered him for money, he pays child support for them but she wants him to give her cash...

I want out of mortgage but partner doesn't! [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my partner have split up a few months ago. I no longer live in the home we have a joint mortgage on. I have moved out but still pay half. The ex does not want to sell but I want out of the mortgage. Any advice on what needs to be done?? Cheers.

My partner doesn't want to have sex very often [ 8 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 or so months. We moved in together about 2 months ago and I feel in the last month he has rarely wanted to have sex. We only have sex on the weekends and maybe once during the week but before we would have sex almost every second day and a few times on the...

View more questions Search