Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nishyman1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Good Product Idea?
    Hey guys,

I am looking into entrepreneurship as a possible career. So what are some situations or experiences where you wish there was a product or a tool for you to use that could fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nishyman1 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am looking into entrepreneurship as a possible career. So what are some situations or experiences where you wish there was a product or a tool for you to use that could fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know what you are looking for. Patented ideas that you would manufacture? Ideas which you would turn into products?

Something else?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
    You don't look at entrepreneurship as a career. You already are that kind of a person and fit a career around yourself.

Or is this, by chance, a homework assignment, and you are trying to elicit ideas from us?
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You don't look at entrepreneurship as a career. You already are that kind of a person and fit a career around yourself.

Or is this, by chance, a homework assignment, and you are trying to elicit ideas from us?

Perchance is it?

Aug 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
    You sort of like a homework idea, more of an idea turned into a product that is manufactured and sold to the public. Something innovative and useful, which is why I am looking at different situations and seeing a product that could solve peoples daily problems.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
    There is no one product that will solve people's daily problems. How about inventing a drug that will allow me now over 55 to act and move like someone who is 25?

One of the best inventions was the soda can pull tab and then a later invention that allows the tab to stay on the can. Beaches and the grass in parks used to be littered with the sharp tabs that were pulled off and tossed onto the ground. We couldn't go barefoot for fear of cutting our feet.

Aug 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
    I just want people to explain situations where they wished their was something, anything to solve that particular situation
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nishyman1 View Post
    ya sort of like a homework idea, more of an idea turned into a product that is manufactured and sold to the public. Something innovative and useful, which is why i am looking at different situations and seeing a product that could solve peoples daily problems.

I still don't know - are you looking to market a product, invent a product, invent and market, what is your purpose in asking the question?

Do you have money to finance a new product, pay for patents? I don't know what your position in this venture is. Why would I, for example, give my unpatented idea to you? For that matter, why would I give my patented idea to you? Why wouldn't I present it to a company which would benefit from it?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
    My theory is that if you can't think of inventions yourself, you aren't cut out for this as a career. It takes a lot of work, dedication, patience (and usually money).
    I was watching Shark Tank and a man had invented a truck rack that was easy to assemble. The Sharks liked it and fought over who was going to lend him money but he insisted that it be made in the US so they all backed out. Several investors called the TV show and he got lots of money and lots of orders too.
    I have ideas, but I sure as heck am not giving them away without a contract for royalties.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    My theory is that if you can't think of inventions yourself, you aren't cut out for this as a career. It takes a lot of work, dedication, patience (and usually money).
    I was watching Shark Tank and a man had invented a truck rack that was easy to assemble. The Sharks liked it and fought over who was going to lend him money but he insisted that it be made in the US so they all backed out. Several investors called the TV show and he got lots of money and lots of orders too.
    I have ideas, but I sure as heck am not giving them away without a contract for royalties.

Laughing - I'm thinking (the way AMHD is going today) some sort of earplugs for fingers. The insults would still be there but no one could hear them.

I'll work out the details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Where can I check if and an idea I have for a product is not already out there? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an idea, and a company is willing to help me with it, but they want to charge me to check if there is no other product like mine, I can't afford to pay them what they are asking for, so they said I can do my own investigation and turn it in to them, sign a doucment saying if there is...

How do I take an idea and make it into a product [ 1 Answers ]

I have an idea that I would like to invent but am unsure of the process? I need to have someone design the product from my description. So my question is, who would I contact to design the product and do they do a draft or a prototype sample? Who do I contact to manufacture the product and will...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search