Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dullath Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Emotionally manipulated.again!
    It's happening again. While back I dated one of the best manipulators and it took five years for me to get concrete proof that I was simply an object for his female collection. Even at the beginning, I FELT something was wrong, but did I listen? Ooohhhhh noooooo- I can get to the bottom of this because I'm different... blah blah blah

So why am I falling in the trap again now with someone else who is almost as good at playing people? Mosly women. I must be insane to expect a different result. I've tried to part ways with him twice and twice he has re-set the hooks. I got to get out. But I like him?
    nike 1 Posts: 167, Reputation: 16
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Did you have sex with the past manipulators, are you having sex with the current one?

What makes them manipulators?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:46 PM

We tend to lean towards the situation that feels familiar. Why is being with male manipulators familiar, and therefore comfortable for you.

What is scary about telling him no, no way, don't call me again? I'm not saying it isn't hard! Are the hooks he used painful, or did they land in scar tissue?

Jan 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nike 1 View Post
    Did you have sex with the past manipulators, are you having sex with the current one?

What makes them manipulators?
    Yes, to sex as the prior relationship lasted 4 years. I know, I know, what a dope I am. Perhaps I'm the nut job.

They manipulate anyone they can by playing games that cause certain reactions ( emotionally and pysiologically ) to... hell, I don't know- I guess to have control. For example, I took his car with one of his friends in order to get my motorcycle ( he had hidden my car keys ). He's a car dealer and has 1 tag for several vehicles and was not on the one I took. He calls a friend after I was out of the car and has him call the guy driving the car to tell him to park and someone will pick him up because no tag on the car. He wanted me to feel badly. He has a secret phone which he has used to text me posing as a woman talking to him. He was careless and answered a blocked call from me wiithout knowing I was there. I heard him. He continues to deny.
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 10:44 PM
    The guy sounds like a joke. I would hold out from having sex with these guys you are meeting until you get to know their character better. As far as the current one, dump that jerk. He has some serious esteem issues.

Jan 19, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    We tend to lean towards the situation that feels familiar. Why is being with male manipulators familiar, and therefore comfortable for you.

What is scary about telling him no, no way, don't call me again? I'm not saying it isn't hard! Are the hooks he used painful, or did they land in scar tissue?
    I don't think being comfortable is the issue because it's anything but that. Sometimes I wonder if it's the challenge. I don't like guys that become all 'ga-ga' and 'oh, I love you, I love you' and here, stand on your pedistal.

I did tell him no but his continual pursuit weakens me and then I say, OK, I'll do this, but I'll have other relationships also. The hooks are not painful- just effective.
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Jan 19, 2009, 10:51 PM
    In my opinion, I think you feel that these guys you date are in high demand by other women. So, when you date them you feel like you have roped in some kind of wild stallion which in turn makes other women jealous of you, providing a major ego boost for you. But in the end, they just turn out to be douchebags. To women, guys like these are mysterious and exciting. You need to recalibrate your douchebag detector. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy sounds like a douche. Excuse my overuse of the word douche, but that's what this guy sounds like.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
    You go girl, stay confident, and stay away from the immature momma's boys!

Jan 19, 2009, 10:54 PM
    The guy sounds like a joke. I would hold out from having sex with these guys you are meeting until you get to know their character better. As far as the current one, dump that jerk. He has some serious esteem issues.
    No doubt. I wonder if my esteem issues are on even a higher level. Do I want them because I can't have them? He even manipulates my friends (and his) by getting them to tell me things I want to hear. I am a complete idiot.
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 10:58 PM
    You have a higher esteem because you don't have to play their games. Those guys are more worried about keeping a girl than you are of getting other guys. Their behaviour is so pathetic! Your better than that. Like I said, hold the greatest part of yourself out for a guy that deserves it.

Jan 19, 2009, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by itried View Post
    In my opinion, I think you feel that these guys you date are in high demand by other women. So, when you date them you feel like you have roped in some kind of wild stallion which in turn makes other women jealous of you, providing a major ego boost for you. But in the end, they just turn out to be douchebags. To women, guys like these are mysterious and exciting. You need to recalibrate your douchebag detector. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy sounds like a douche. Excuse my overuse of the word douche, but that's what this guy sounds like.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    He's a total vinegar head. Mysterious and exciting, yes. And I love that. About the other women? Naturally I think ' oh, yeah, he's never met anyone like me, and he'll like me enough to stop the nonsense and grow the f up. ( talk about arrested development) I don't think it has to do with my ego but maybe it does. I'll explore that.

It might have to do with the $ a bit also. I'm not a mortar whore but it would be cool to experience that lifestyle. I know, I'm pathetic.

Jan 19, 2009, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dullath View Post
    he's a total vinegar head. Mysterious and exciting, yes. And I love that. About the other women? Naturally I think ' oh, yeah, he's never met anyone like me, and he'll like me enough to stop the nonsense and grow the f up. ( talk about arrested development) I don't think it has to do with my ego but maybe it does. I'll explore that.

It might have to do with the $ a bit also. I'm not a mortar whore but it would be cool to experience that lifestyle. I know, I'm pathetic.
    I don't know what to say. You guys sound perfect for each other. How old are you guys?

Jan 19, 2009, 11:13 PM
    You have a higher esteem because you don't have to play their games. Those guys are more worried about keeping a girl than you are of getting other guys. Their behaviour is so pathetic! Your better than that. Like I said, hold the greatest part of yourself out for a guy that deserves it.
    I worry that the greatest part of me is buried deep within my walls that are as thick as Great wall is long.

I know, they're losers. What does that make me? Dang.
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 11:17 PM
    It makes you human. People tend to believe what's on the surface until they really get to know someone for who they really are. So many relationships fail over time because some people are not who they play to be in the beginning. But the true person always comes out sooner or later.

Jan 19, 2009, 11:19 PM
    I don't know what to say. You guys sound perfect for each other. How old are you guys?

Oh God!! Why would you say that? Ouch. I'm 43. He's me plus two.

Jan 19, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Oh God !!! Why would you say that? Ouch. I'm 43. He's me plus two.
    I was being harsh. I know. So I apologize. It just seems that you get involved with these types of guys knowing full well of the consequences. Kind of self-destructive. Again, I'm sorry.
    -

Jan 19, 2009, 11:24 PM
    Hey dullath, think you could help me out with one of my questions? It's in the relationships section, "need womens advice for apologizing to girlfriend". Would love your input. Thanks

Jan 19, 2009, 11:39 PM
    I was being harsh. I know. So I apologize. It just seems that you get involved with these types of guys knowing full well of the consequences. Kind of self-destructive. Again, I'm sorry.
    No worries. Well that's my bloody question, isn't it? Duh. Self destructive... Why would I be self destructive. These guys do make my heart go pitter-patter. I can't do that on my own.

Jan 19, 2009, 11:55 PM
    These guys do make my heart go pitter-patter. I can't do that on my own.
    That's the crux of your problem. You need to be able to look in the mirror and set your own heart racing instead of relying on someone else to do it for you. Once you have this type of self confidence the right type of men will start to pay more attention to you.

Jan 20, 2009, 12:02 AM
    That's the crux of your problem. You need to be able to look in the mirror and set your own heart racing instead of relying on someone else to do it for you. Once you have this type of self confidence the right type of men will start to pay more attention to you.

I know you're right. I think I like myself. God, how does one acquire more confidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angry and manipulated mum [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, my mum and I always seems to get into fights whenever I try to become independent of her, she gets angrier and angerier. Whenever I dedicate all my attention to her she's my best friend and there is nothing that can get in our way. However I recently found a new job and I have...

How do I know if my former boyfriend really loved me, or just manipulated me ? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I recently broke up-around July-(but have only really been apart for 5 weeks). He initiated it but I also kind of pushed for it as well, so I would say it was mutual. I felt it coming on for a while and each day I would say to myself, I need to move on-but just held on a little hoping it...

Tricked and manipulated [ 2 Answers ]

What are my legal and moral rights after being engaged for three years, living in Florida in his big beautiful house.. and now finding out he is selling everything and moving to Covington VA whether I go with him or not? Fortunately for me he put my name on the Covington house and on his car.....

Manipulated tossed aside [ 8 Answers ]

I have suffered panic disorder and depression for over 22 yrs now. I just got out of an abusive relationship of 8 years, I have not contacted this man but he is making me so sad because he stopped the car as I was walking and he said (like the past 4 months we are apart never happened) "I have a...

View more questions Search