Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    77Zuri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2014, 05:07 AM
    A white rifle with a magazine
    I was given a rifle but it's packed away so I don't have access to find out what it is. I remember it's white, and it has a magazine. I was told it might be an English rifle. Any ideas? The name may have begun with an"M".
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 05:43 AM
    I assume by "white" you refer to the color of the stock/foregrip, which would indicate that it was made for a drill team, as the white is much more visible during manuals-at-arms. British drill rifles are by and large based on the old Enfield .303 bolt action, while American drill teams go for the M1 Garand .30-06 or M14 .308. If the magazine is detachable I would assume the M14, as the Enfield and Garand models have integral magazines. The M14 has been a popular choice for ROTC and JROTC teams, as it is somewhat smaller and lighter than the other two.

Here are some pictures of various drill rifles, in case anything looks familiar.

white drill rifles - Bing Images
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 08:20 AM
    I agree. Normally rifles with a white stock were ones reserved for pomp and circumstance of ceremony. Regaurdless if this is something that has personal history you need to try your best to document that history so you can have something to go wth it besides just a white rifle.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2014, 11:16 AM
    303BR Enfield has detachable mag. At least mine did.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    303BR Enfield has detachable mag. At least mine did.
    They look integral in pictures. Having never handled one, I appreciate the info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30/06 Rifle [ 4 Answers ]

I have 30/06 rifle with a serial number H6872 I am wanting to know the date and manufacturer of this gun

Shipping a rifle [ 1 Answers ]

How do I legally ship a rifle from Florida to my son in California

Owning a rifle [ 2 Answers ]

I want to own a rifle again but I have two 1st degree misdemeanor, a resisting arrest and a corruption of minor, both in adams county pa, will that hold me back when applying?

Rifle Dating [ 1 Answers ]

How do I date a winchester rifle for verifacation of age

Date a rifle [ 5 Answers ]

A number of years ago, I was given a rifle that belonged to my grandfather. It is a Winchester Model 67-22 Short. These particular models do not have serial numbers so dating them is difficult. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with these rifles and could give me some pointers on how to...

View more questions Search