Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2022, 06:09 AM
    Dems try to cancel their ballot opponents .
    A group of North Carolina voters urged state officials Monday to disqualify U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn as a congressional candidate, citing his participation in a rally last January in Washington that questioned the presidential election outcome and preceded the Capitol riot......The voters contend that Cawthorn, a Republican who formally filed as a candidate for the 13th District seat last month, can’t run because he fails to comply with an amendment in the U.S. Constitution ratified shortly after the Civil War.The 14th Amendment says no one can serve in Congress “who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same.”
    North Carolina voters dispute Cawthorn candidacy over Jan. 6 (yahoo.com)

Some context in order here .
    The 14th Amendment was enacted in 1868 after the Civil War ended. That war began when the South seceded from the union and set itself up as an independent country that attacked Fort Sumter and started a civil war . It ended 4 years later with 600,000 Americans dead, the South in ruins, and slavery ended . Section 3 of the 14th Amendment was ratified to prevent Confederate officials from using Congress as a vehicle to undo their loss in the War.
    Section 3 became null and void with the passage of the 1872 Amnesty Act which ended office holding restrictions of former Confederates leaders.

What did Cawthorne do ? He attended a rally . He did not lead or participate in the riot at the Capitol that a few of the attendees at the rally engaged in. As a matter of fact ,so far not one of the rioters arrested has been charged with treason ,or insurrection . That includes that goof ball in the buffalo horn hat.

This is a trial run by the Dems . They know they can't legitimately win the mid-terms this year . So they want to disqualify their opponents before the race begins.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2022, 06:20 AM
    This is the old strategy of repeating a lie over and over again until it begins to be regarded as true. "After all, everyone seems to be saying it."

There was no insurrection no matter how often CNN says otherwise.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2022, 06:40 AM
    If they are successful, they will be able to remove sitting members of Congress and Senators from the ballot who would otherwise easily win. They could disqualify Trump on individual state ballots 2024 with the same pretext.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 05:22 AM
    I thought throwing dirt at your political foes was okay since the dufus did it and beat an impeachment rap.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 05:30 AM
    This is hardly throwing dirt . It is an attempt to remove someone from the ballot to increase the Dems chances of victory . This is more reminiscent of the emperor's Illinois campaigns and against Evita in the primaries

Obama played hardball in first Chicago campaign - CNN.com
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 07:02 AM
    If they are successful in booting Cawthorn then they would have proved their case to the NC legislature, which is repubs I thought. How likely is that realistically?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    TThere was no insurrection no matter how often CNN says otherwise.
    What do you call it when over 2,000 maddened Trump supporters storm the Capitol of the United States while in session, and break down the doors, scale the sides in an attempt to get inside, try to murder the sitting Vice-president of the United States, threaten the Speaker of the house, severely beat police trying to prevent the assault, trash the offices of the Congressmen and Congresswomen, attack with fire hydrants, flagpoles and pepper spray, cause the death of 5 policemen (3 by suicide) and nearly 200 injuries of those police, all the while their idol and inciter Trump sits comfortably in the White House laughing at the chaos on television while his aides and assistants and relatives beg him to do something, until he finally makes a pathetically weak speech hours into the insurrection?

Their purpose? Overthrow the elected government of the United States! That's the definition of insurrection.

Incredibly, one Republican likened it to a typical day with tourists snapping selfies. 99% of elected Republicans deny the events. Liz Cheny is the profile in courage.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 10:14 AM
    I would call it your fantasy of what happened that day.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 10:17 AM
    I'm so sorry you have no electricity and wi-fi. You really missed out seeing the truth with your own eyes.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 10:23 AM
    You have surpassed even yourself with this comment.

Such a blatantly false comment is why many of us get tired of discussing these things with you when you cannot even agree what happened on Jan 6 by calling the factual events a "fantasy".

Tell that to the dead and injured.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 01:14 PM
    You get tired of it because I don’t just accept everything you say. The past has taught me well.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 02:39 PM
    You get tired of it because I don’t just accept everything you say. The past has taught me well.
    That's not an answer - just more of your diversion.

What exactly in my post is a "fantasy" in your eyes?
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:03 PM
    Who has been charged with attempted murder of the Vice President? Who has been charged with the murders of five policemen?

Who has been charged with the assaults of police resulting in 200 injuries?

How do you know Trump was laughing?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:17 PM
    Who has been charged with attempted murder of the Vice President? Who has been charged with the murders of five policemen?

Who has been charged with the assaults of police resulting in 200 injuries?
    Nice evasion. It's NOT about who has been charged. Ir's about YOUR claim that the Jan 6 event was a "fantasy"! The insurrectionists were screaming "Hang Mike Pence, hang Mike Pence" while their pals were putting up a gallows in front of the building. I call that attempted murder. What do you call it? Fantasy?

How do you know Trump was laughing?
    From the testimony of those who were there at the time. This has been reported on just about every media - probably not the one you watch - Fox.

He was "gleefully" watching the TV. The reporter was the former White House press secretary - Stephenie Grisham. There, I did it for you.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:26 PM
    I claimed your account was a fantasy. Read more carefully. As usual, you have made claims you cannot support. Your say so is far from adequate.

as to Trump, someone said so is your documentation? Good luck with that.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:51 PM
    I claimed your account was a fantasy. Read more carefully. As usual, you have made claims you cannot support. Your say so is far from adequate.

as to Trump, someone said so is your documentation? Good luck with that.
    Read it yourself. From "fantasy" you jumped to "being charged". I said you were evading what I said. It's obvious that's exactly what you're doing.

Please don't start another of your long crappy posts about a topic not claimed by me. You are REALLY a nuisance!!!!

As far as supporting my claims, the videos of the insurrection have been all over media all over the friggin' world. Are you saying you haven't seen them? Even Fox played them at the time.

As far as what Trump said, there you go again with "documentation" - another diversion you use constantly when you can't make a rational reply. One of Trump's own - his press secretary - said what I wrote. She documented it in her book!!!!!

You got a serious problem, pal. Pass on by or react with a reasonable reply, and stop wasting everyone's time.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:57 PM
    You claimed many things happened, and yet no one has been charged with these crimes. Why? It's just your fantasy world in play. I knew you would not be able to support any of your wild claims when you made them.

"documentation" - another diversion
    It is so funny that you consider documentation to be merely a diversion. No wonder you're a liberal dem!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 04:09 PM
    You claimed many things happened, and yet no one has been charged with these crimes. Why? It's just your fantasy world in play. I knew you would not be able to support any of your wild claims when you made them.
    You're scaring me, Jl. If you truly believe the events of Jan 6 as I described them are a fantasy, you are worse off than I thought. I always knew you weren't playing with a full deck, but this is beyond the pale.

From this point on, NOTHING, and I mean nothing, from you will be considered credible. Sorry.

It is so funny that you consider documentation to be merely a diversion. No wonder you're a liberal dem!!
    No YOU are the diversion. My documentation was as clear as documentation can be.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 04:10 PM
    And again, a rant which included no documentation of the wild claims you made. If you want to be believed, then support your wild claims.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 04:16 PM
    And again, a rant which included no documentation of the wild claims you made. If you want to be believed, then support your wild claims.
    Did you read this:

As far as supporting my claims, the videos of the insurrection have been all over media all over the friggin' world. Are you saying you haven't seen them? Even Fox played them at the time.

What don't you get about that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal Dems attempt to restrict a conservative from being on the recall ballot fail [ 16 Answers ]

Cal Secretary of State Shirley Weber tried to block Larry Elder from being on the recall ballot .She said that in order to qualify for the ballot he needed to produce tax returns . But that is not the case. It is a requirement in state primaries but it is not a requirement in recall ballots . So...

Trump Floats Execution for his Opponents [ 11 Answers ]

Of course, he'll deny the connection all night long, but here's what this pig said this week. For people who leak info from his unholy circle - Trump suggests the way to handle them is how it was done in the past for treason. In other words, EXECUTION! Trump accused Congressman Adam Schiff of...

How to neuter your political opponents [ 4 Answers ]

No doubt every political party has sought to challenge its opponents in ways other than the ballot box but sometimes all it takes is the stroke of a pen The ALP is as good as unlawful in NSW. Here's why. - The Drum Opinion (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) So when is democracy not...

Opponents of gun-control laws argue that the Second Amendment was intended to protect [ 1 Answers ]

Opponents of gun-control laws argue that the Second Amendment was intended to protect

Reasons proponentes are for unions and opponents are against union [ 1 Answers ]

Also identify recommendations for management which would improve mgmt/labor relations... and... recomendations for thr labor union to implement which would improve mgmt/labor relations...

View more questions Search