Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aug2470 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Ghana Woman Scammer
    The young lady from Ghana is still talking to me. Telling she really want to come over here to marrie me. But I haven't told her yet that I know her pasport is not real. I Guess all scammers are not pro's. I'm going to keep talking with her just see how good can she make it. She want get no more money from me. She still telling me that she have to have $2000.00 to show @ the airport to leave. Get this but I will get it back when she get here to the states. LOL. All comment are welcome.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Tell her(him or it) that the new rules require them to mail their passport to the USA first for control...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Tell her that all your money is tied up in a CD and you need 50 dollars to pay the fee to get it.

Apr 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Tell her(him or it) that the new rules require them to mail their passport tot he USA first for control.....
    Ok I will do it. She says her bags R packed & she/he is ready to come to the states, but she still stalling to let me see her/him on webcam on skype R oovoo. That's let me know something is wrong too.

Apr 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Tell her that all your money is tied up in a CD and you need 50 dollars to pay the fee to get it.
    Ok I will do it. She/he already told me that they can't send money out of Ghana. LOL. She keep stalling to let me see her on skype R oovoo webcam live chat. Now she did ask me to send her/him $150.00 for shoes & a matching bag for the trip. I told her to take it out of the money I have already sent her. LOL. She said OK that she had it in her account. Wondering what will be next.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aug2470 View Post
    Ok I will do it. She says her bags R packed & she/he is ready to come to the states, but she still stalling to let me see her/him on webcam on skype R oovoo. Thats let me know something is wrong too.
    If you have any really REALLY ugly friends... have them sit in for you on that skype if they ever accept.

Apr 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    If you have any really REALLY ugly friends...have them sit in for you on that skype if they ever accept.
    LOL.. I may just do that. I wonder how long will this last. I told her I was going to have her passport checked out & she said OK she has nothing to hide. When they told me on here that her passport is not real. I don't know what kind of hand she/he trying to play. She says her father was a king, but he is dead now.
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aug2470 View Post
    LOL.. I may just do that. I wonder how long will this last. I told her I was going to have her passport checked out & she said ok she has nothing to hide. When they told me on here that her passport is not real. I don't know what kind of hand she/he trying to play. She says her father was a king, but he is dead now.
    Funny how EVERYONE from Africa claims to have decended from a King...

Rodney King maybe... or Billy Jean King... oh wait... she didn't like guys... so that one wasn't likely.
    paramount-chief Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Go on Ghana HomePage, resource for News, Sports, Facts, Opinions, Business and Entertainment and join up. Then post her picture on it and asks if anyone knows her.
    Also look in the members section and see if her pic is there searching out more victims?
    See too if her pic is posted in the Ghana section of African Dating, African Women, African Singles & African Personals at AfroIntroductions.com ?

Check on various sites that list scammers commonly used email addresses and see if her(or his) is listed? Once you are aware that game is being ran on you, do us all a favor and list hers(or his).
    Thank you

PS: As an Afr American male, I have been to Ghana many times, ever up to one-year stays.
    Plenty dating site con-games ran out of the cyber cafes in GH and Nigeria... too many to count!
    georgestu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 06:43 PM
    Wow, seems that the country is full of scammers. I asked the last woman I was associated with over there if there was any honest people over there, or do they just do scamming USA people for their regular employment. The fear of the webcam is a huge red flag. Also, from all the pictures that I have seen through Ghana scammers typed into Google, these girls are living LARGE! Their apartments are much nicer than what I live in.!
    Stu, from Ohio
    trevstitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 05:27 AM
    Hey Guys, watch out for Veronica Botwe, a white Canadian chick (ha ha) whose Daddy died when she was 4 and her Mom took her back to live in Ghana, atrocious english, she's 28 and looks pretty lethally drop dead gorgeous on the little time you see her on webcam, before "her connection fails" and then the webcam doesn't work, or she'd borrowed it from a friend who'd just come and taken it back. I'd asked her to wave with just 4 fingers of her right hand too hard, then asked her to put her right hand on her head, or either hand on her head, nope that wasn't happeneing either. But she wanted money for a new webcam. Was starving as she didn't work and was living with Mom, who (when asked for Mom to come to the camera) was suddenly sick in bed (poor dear).Gave her my email and she sent me 2 pics, which amazingly looked like someone else who'd tried to con me, even had the identical necklace, but no couldn't have been, that dear sweet girl was none other than Rosslyn Anderson from New York (funny her skype time, though with USA flag, had the same time as Ghana, how strange.(Do you detect a slight hint of sarcasm? Good)
    Back to Veronica though, when asked how long ago the pics were taken, she replied about one month before at a friend's house, well I tell you, poor starving Veronica sure moves in real high circles in Kumasi, Ghana, judging by the photos and wow how quick her hair had grown by the time I "saw her"on webcam
    (in the photo's she has a shortish bob) and hey presto just one month later, it's on her shoulders, I guess natural hair extensions are free for poor folk in Ghana, who have internet but can't afford a phone or even their next meal.When I revealed this to my "Blushing bride to be"(NOT), how strangely silent the message service on skype suddenly became from"her" side.
    Conclusion:- the grifters code (see TV program from UK "Hustle") "You can't con an honest person, it can't be done" (ie unachievable). I mentioned this to "Her" just before removing her from my skype contact list.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accra ghana scammer [ 25 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody has met a scammer named rosenine jackson from accra ghana? She poses as a girl who's dad is dead and mum is black she says she attends the university of Ghana she will give you her number and address and says she lives with mum and brother. She starts small and then...

Want to marry woman in ghana [ 11 Answers ]

I have been talking to a woman in ghana for 2 months now and we are serious about each other. We want to get married but her uncle said he want a traditional wedding but I don't have to be there it just a ceremony they do and than we can get marriage license and get married and I don't have to go...

View more questions Search