Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mchrans Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 08:22 AM
    6 3.2% beers 30 hours ago will I pass an EtG test 6
    I drank 6 3.25 beers 36 hours ago will I pass and ETG? I am 6' 215 lbs. The last time I drank before that was quite a bit on Saturday but I stopped drinking by midnight. Please help
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Over what time span did you drink the 6 beers from start to finish. What was the brand and was it 12 oz units.

The Saturday drinking is not a factor.

Jun 14, 2012, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Over what time span did you drink the 6 beers from start to finish. What was the brand and was it 12 oz units.

The Saturday drinking is not a factor.

It was on Tuesday from 6 PM to 10:30 PM to be safe. 12 oz Blue Moons. Utah beer so 3.2%
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
    That is 5 standard drinks (US) and based on your size .77 g/kg.

Using a cutoff of 100 ng/mL the clearance time for EtG ranges from 27 - 44 hours (2 studies both use 100). At 36 hours you are right in the middle.

If the cutoff used for screening is 500 then it is unlikely that EtG would be detected. But you never know with the non-regulated tests. There are no requirements or standard practices.

Please let us know the results.

Reference studies:
    Halter, et al 2008
    Wojcik & Hawthorne 2007

Jun 14, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    That is 5 standard drinks (US) and based on your size .77 g/kg.

Using a cutoff of 100 ng/mL the clearance time for EtG ranges from 27 - 44 hours (2 studies both use 100). At 36 hours you are right in the middle.

If the cutoff used for screening is 500 then it is unlikely that EtG would be detected. But you never know with the non-regulated tests. There are no requirements or standard practices.

Please let us know the results.

Reference studies:
    Halter, et al 2008
    Wojcik & Hawthorne 2007
    Well the place that does the testing is closed today so it will probably be tomorrow. I should be good then right? Thanks for your help.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mchrans View Post
    Well the place that does the testing is closed today so it will probably be tomorrow. I should be good then right? Thanks for your help.
    None of the research show detection above 48 hours.

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and remains in effect as of date of this posting. Copy available here > US DHHS Advisory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass my EtG test 36 hours after 2 beers [ 7 Answers ]

I had two 12 oz (Utah) beers in one hour, finishing at 11:30 pm on Wednesday night. I need to take an ETG around noon on Friday. I am female, 5'5, about 165 lbs. Is that enough time to pass?

Will I pass an EtG test after 63 hours after having drank two beers at softball? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 6'5 male that weighs 210 I'm active and have a fast matabalizim

I had 2 beers 37 hours ago. Will I pass an EtG [ 6 Answers ]

I had 28 oz. Of beer on Sunday night at nine than went to bed at ten pm. Had the erg on Tuesday at 11:15. Will I pass the erg.

Can I pass an EtG test after drinking 40 hours ago? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank a couple beers on Friday night. Saturday, I drank Bacardi & Sloe Gin. I stopped drinking before 12 a.m on Saturday night. I had my EtG test on Monday around 3. I ate in the middle of drinking, and before I went to bed. A lot. Like in all 4 burritos, a pizza, and chips. I don't know if that...

View more questions Search