Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Oct 9, 2006, 10:56 AM
    How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show?
    I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an at home pregnancy test. However I didn't ovulate until later in the month (I know this because I have been taking at home ovulation tests - I ovulated almost 6 days later than I expected too - day 19 from the first day of my last period). I ovulated on Sept 29 - when should I take an at home pregnancy test? I took one yesterday & of course it came up negative - but I don't think I gave it enough time. I wanted an expert opinion - then I can deal with a negative result & not have the hope that maybe I tested too early. Thank you in advance for your time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
    This is different for every woman. The amount of time it takes for the hcg hormone to build up varies from person to person.

I typically like to wait until around 2 weeks after the missed period. But again it varies as every woman's body is different.

I realize that some tests tell you that you can test the day after the missed period, however, these tests give more false positives.

Unfortunately it is all a waiting game.

Oct 9, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Thank you for your reply - it is truly a waiting game. And it's not any fun!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2006, 03:41 PM
    No, it isn't any fun. I wish I had a more definitive answer for you, but that is really the best there is.

Oct 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
    I was wanting some sympathy:) I went to the doctor yesterday to have some blood work done since I still had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really feel any different - but believe me I was happy. Then this morning the nurse called and said my HCP (think that's right - you know what I mean) was really low. Which meant that I was NOT pregnant. This is such an emotional roller coaster! I'm OK - just disappointed. They prescribed my Provera to make me start - then I will begin my third round of Clomid. So - maybe next month:) Just wanted some much needed sympathy.
    jr23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 01:24 PM
    I am in the same situation... my last peroid was brought on from provera and then I took clomid and did not ovulate until day 17 ( since my last period).. today is 31 days since my last period but I have negative tests.. am I testing too early?
    shubham0000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 04:38 AM
    I had sex with my girlfriend on 1st September.. and she got her periods on 15th.. and now on 4 October she is having light bleeding.. what is the reason behind this and can she be pregnant ? :O
    shubham0000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 04:41 AM
    No.. wait for 2-3 days.. paani peeyo ap achi tarah,fir kya pata apne aap theek ho jaye.. abhi itni jaldi na puchio.. unko shak b na hona hua toh bhi ho jaega ki kuch galat kiya hoga isne... take the test first in 4-5 days..
    babyjessica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 08:16 PM
    My period start 19th oct 2010, but my period irregular my period every month 46 days after so when my ovulation days and which time best for get pergnent *** help me *** am so tense
    nisrinepretty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 02:08 AM
    I am try to be pregnant too I had my last period on 3 October now its 23 and I did plenty of pregnancy test 2 gave very very faint positives and 6 gave negative! I have all the pregnancy symptoms... all of them what shall I do I really feeel pregnant!
    nisrinepretty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 02:09 AM
    I am try to be pregnant too I had my last period on 3 October now its 23 and I did plenty of pregnancy test 2 gave very very faint positives and 6 gave negative! I have all the pregnancy symptoms... all of them what shall I do I really feeel pregnant!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2010, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nisrinepretty View Post
    iam try to be pregnant too i had my last period on 3 october now its 23 and i did plenty of pregnancy test 2 gave very very faint positives and 6 gave negative !!i have all the pregnancy symptoms....all of them what shall i do i really feeel pregnant!!
    Best to wait until you see if you are actually late for a period and test at that time if need be. While some women will get an accurate result fairly early, they are more accurate if testing is done after a period doesn't show. See what happens in November when your period is due.

Also, be sure you follow the directions exactly for the tests. Reading them only within the time frame stated on the test. A true positive will show up within that time. If you come back later to read it, you could be seeing an evaporation line that can look like a faint positive.
    jennnix77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 06:32 PM
    If you are taking clomid or other fertility medicines, you are going to "feel pregnant" because the meds are pumping hormones into your body. I have "felt pregnant" many many times without actually being pregnant. I have one miracle baby and I did not feel any different to know that I was pregnant with him until I started puking at about 6 weeks into the pregnancy. I would keep testing... you can buy accurate pregnancy tests at the dollar store. I always have about 10 in my bathroom--no joke! They also sell ovulation predictors...
    cnjsapp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
    My last period was dec 17th it's the 15th of jan I haven't gotten period yet. How long after I'm late should I wait to take an at home test. I've been Trying to conceive for a while now soooo I'm inpatient lol
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjsapp View Post
    my last period was dec 17th its the 15th of jan i havent gotten period yet. how long after im late should i wait to take an at home test. ive been TTC for a while now soooo im inpatient lol
    Hi,

I know it is hard to wait, but try to give it several extra days if your period is late. Sometimes periods can be off a bit, so a few days late is not unusual.
    georgeKfranklin Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 6, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Its shows approx 90 days later

I found some answers here it may help you

Sex within Monthly Periods

how to get pregnant

But try to take care always in periods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation and pregnancy [ 56 Answers ]

I ovulated July 24th about when is a good time to test for pregnancy?:confused:

If period comes after having sex 9 days before, is pregnancy possible? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I had sex with my boyfriend couple of times in last month. Last time intercourse was 8 days before. Now my period has started today. My question is, is there any chance that I’m pregnant now? Please kindly answer my doubt. Some times he doesn’t put his orgasm inside the vagina completely...

10 days past ovulation [ 3 Answers ]

I am 10 days past ovulation and I am starting to get some pains in my lower abdomen, I wouldn't say it was bad pains just feelings I've never noticed. It's almost like a very light cramp or tightness. I'm also starting to feel slight nausea in the mornings and late afternoon. Has anyone...

Pregnancy possible after three days? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, :confused: I didn't have sex (I'm a virgin), but my boyfriend rubbed his penis around my clit, he didn't come in me or near me, he always came outside. But I've read somewhere that even pre-cum has sperms. It was the third day after my period, and its been four days since I was...

View more questions Search