Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ironmanjake Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
    Joint pain
    Every once in awhile one of my joints start throbbing. Like it starts in my shoulders then moves to elbows. Wrist , this has gone on since I was 15 probably and I'm 21 now happens every couple months sometimes twice close together
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
    I'm guessing you are wondering what this is - ?

Have you mentioned it to a Physician?

May 31, 2013, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm guessing you are wondering what this is - ?

Have you mentioned it to a Physician?
    Ya I was wondering what it is . I have not mentioned it to any physician. Don't have any kind of insurance
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 31, 2013, 08:05 AM
    First you say one joint, then you say shoulders plural. Which you mean is important.
    It sounds like it could be bursitis and that could be irritating nerves on down your arm.
    Start googling symptoms, definitions, and treatments.
    I'm 66 and both shoulders hurt all the time; in fact I hurt all over, from arthritis and this and that wear and tear on all the parts of the body that had various kinds of fluids inside to protect the joints. They leak and get scarred and inflamed.
    At your young age, I would guess an injury from when you were a teen?

May 31, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    First you say one joint, then you say shoulders plural. Which you mean is important.
    It sounds like it could be bursitis and that could be irritating nerves on down your arm.
    Start googling symptoms, definitions, and treatments.
    I'm 66 and both shoulders hurt all the time; in fact I hurt all over, from arthritis and this and that wear and tear on all the parts of the body that had various kinds of fluids inside to protect the joints. They leak and get scarred and inflamed.
    At your young age, I would guess an injury from when you were a teen?

Not from a injury. It starts in 1 or both shoulders then moves down my arms to my elbows then wrist then goes back to my shoulder.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 31, 2013, 09:28 AM
    OK, I would guess that you don't have a rare young heart condition, given that it's both arms.
    Another possible source of nerve pain could be the neck, constantly turned one way sleeping, or at a desk. Another is shoulders too high above a desk all day. Shoulders should be completely relaxed, not hunched up, and short people (such as I) have to be aware. I cut my desk down to 27" with a 26" high return on the side to rest my mouse arm on (very important to have that) so that I can keep my chair low (feet flat on the floor) and not raise my shoulders. Another is the cervical (neck) spinal vertebrae. There could be a herniated disk or some congenital problem, and that would show up on an x-ray. That would be the first thing I would check if I could get to a sliding scale or free clinic.
    IF it isn't the all too common desk and chair height problem and lack of return (right angle place to put your arm).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint pain [ 0 Answers ]

Went to the dr. in Sept. with knee pain and stiffness, x-rays should I have Arthrites in 3 spots and pointy things growing. Pills gave me heartburn so stopped taking them after 3 days. Now the pain is in my back, hands, shoulder, neck and even the base of my head. Can't do anything for more then...

Pain in the joint of fingers. [ 3 Answers ]

For the past couple of weeks, my mum has been having severe pain in her fingers. This hasn't happened before and it's really hurting and irritating her and she's only 44. Is there anything she can get or do, or should she go to her GP?

Joint Pain Everywhere [ 11 Answers ]

I'm eighteen years old and I've been experiencing joint pain lately, and was wondering where it's coming from. It started when I sprained my ankle last month, and then my knee started swelling up out of nowhere. Then my whole leg started swelling... The pain started from my ankle and knee to my...

View more questions Search