Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2021, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    @Wondergirl:
    Aren't you missing something?
    Okay. I'll bite. What am I missing?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 11, 2021, 05:58 PM
    And He is 100%, God. Fully man and fully God.
    @Wondergirl:
    Aren't you missing something? The Son of man has been mentioned how many times?
    You're speaking as if - GOD sacrifice Himself to Himself.

The fact that you (continually...every time "the Son of Man" is mentioned) Overemphasize one over the other...You miss the connection entirely.

@dwashbur:
    He was the son, (so it was thought,) of Joseph
    Hold on, pardner. You're gonna have to justify that statement
    Luke is giving the Lineage of Mary.
    Joseph didn't "adopt" anybody.
    Joseph was the legal father of Jesus (book of Ruth might give you insight)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2021, 06:26 PM
    @Wondergirl:
    Aren't you missing something? The Son of man has been mentioned how many times?
    That's not what Jesus' purpose was, to sacrifice Himself to his Father. You are confused.

Jun 11, 2021, 06:36 PM
    You are confused.

what His purpose was.
    Do you have any ideas?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2021, 06:45 PM
    Do you have any ideas?
    What do YOU think Jesus' purpose was? And where did He come from?

Jun 11, 2021, 06:48 PM
    What do YOU think Jesus' purpose was? And where did He come from?
    Is this because you have no idea? or maybe you don't like being put on the spot?
    You made a statement
    And He is 100%, God. Fully man and fully God.
    followed by So you understand Jesus is God (that much is clear). Soooo where does the Son of God fit in all this?
    Jesus is God only in the fact that he is the Son of God. Jesus is also the Son of man.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2021, 07:07 PM
    Is this because you have no idea? or maybe you don't like being put on the spot?
    You made a statement followed by

So you understand Jesus is God (that much is clear). Soooo where does the Son of God fit in all this?
    Jesus is the Son of God.

Jun 11, 2021, 07:12 PM
    Jesus is God only in the fact that he is the Son of God.

And He is 100% God. Fully man and fully God.
    "More verses listed; man_fully_god"

Good, Good. You understand man_fully_God. Aren't you missing something? You still Don't understand Jesus being; fully_man. The verses you posted speak only of Jesus being God...Nothing mentioning Jesus being the Son of Man.
    Yet you proclaim- "And He is 100%, God. Fully man and fully God." Can a person truly see the "Man Jesus" when habitually overemphasizing the God Factor?

Jesus -The Son of Man is worshiped as God.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2021, 07:16 PM
    Nope. Jesus is God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit -- three Persons in one God.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2021, 05:47 AM
    One desperately searches for and chooses ("cherrypicks") proof passages. The two terms are not synonymous.
    You are treating them as though they are. I don't think you understand either one. You seem to use the accusation of "cherrypicking" as an excuse to disbelieve an avalanche of evidence. Just my observation.

Why do you think people are "desperate" in a search for proof passages?

Good, Good. You understand man_fully_God. Aren't you missing something? You still Don't understand Jesus being; fully_man. The verses you posted speak only of Jesus being God...Nothing mentioning Jesus being the Son of Man.
    Yet you proclaim- "And He is 100%, God. Fully man and fully God." Can a person truly see the "Man Jesus" when habitually overemphasizing the God Factor?
    What is your objection here, Waltero? You seem to be downplaying Christ's divinity, or perhaps suggesting that Jesus did not exist before He was conceived in Mary's womb? Not sure where you're trying to go.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2021, 09:15 AM

"More verses listed; man_fully_god"

Jesus -The Son of Man is worshiped as God.
    What you've posted about Jesus sounds like the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses, waltero.

***Jesus Christ:

• Jesus Christ is a mighty being, but he is not God
      • Jesus Christ is a lesser and separate spirit being
      • Jesus Christ is not equal to God in power or eternity (i.e. age)
      • Jesus Christ never thought of himself as God or equal to God

• Jesus Christ is the son of God
    • Jesus Christ was created by Jehovah as his first creation
      • So Jesus had a beginning and thus cannot not be eternal

• Jesus Christ is inferior to Jehovah, but superior to the angels
    • Jesus Christ rules as part of God's heavenly kingdom
    • Jesus Christ is the Messiah predicted in the Old Testament
    • Jesus Christ came to earth from heaven
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2021, 09:39 AM
    I get the same impression, WG.

Jun 12, 2021, 10:52 PM
    Earlier post.

When Jesus was asked which of all the laws of Scripture is the greatest, Christ responded with the command;  "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."  This is the first and great 'commandment.' We have been separated from GOD, so how are we to have a relationship with him?  We are not called to have a relationship with GOD, we are Commanded to love him with our all. We are called to have a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

WG, made a statement. Quote: "And He is 100% God. Fully man and fully God." end quote.
    OK, I see that she has posted some verses regarding Jesus "fully God," why no versus showing fully man (Jesus, the Word, Jesus Our Substitute, Jesus Our Prophet, Jesus Our Priest, Jesus Our King, Jesus Son of Man)??? Speaking as though God/Jesus trumps - Man/Jesus. If you find yourself blurting out Jesus is God, every time Jesus is mentioned as - being the Son of God, I would guess you lack understanding. Jesus is the Son of God- is that incorrect?
    NO matter. I will try to do my best in explaining who Jesus is to me. Jesus is all I know of God in this lifetime...Once I enter into eternal life, who knows.

Is it your concern to defend that Jesus is God? a person can lose sight that Jesus is human, that in Jesus God became a man. I understand the desire to protect Jesus’ divinity, to confess his Lordship, to ponder his glory, to recognize his victory, and to anticipate his final triumph over sin, death, and evil—this is all gospel truth. But we need to keep a fact in sight—Jesus is human, and this is as much gospel truth as the claim of his divinity.

Jesus became what He had not previously been - namely, man - without ceasing to be what He had always been - namely, God.

Making Jesus so human that we lose sight of his divinity or making him so divine that we lose sight of his humanity. God experienced ordinary human emotions. to say that God became man is to recognize that he had a human faculty of choice. He became carnet by his own choice. he had a human intellect. To say that he had a human intellect is not to say that he only had a human intellect it is to say that he also had a human intellect. Because in this capacity there were things that he did not know.
    In the person of Christ, we have two natures in one person. He is truly Human and he is truly God. All that can be found of God and all that can be expressed of God.

What you've posted about Jesus sounds like the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness
    I would think of another avenue of approach if this was true. Not try explaining the Trinity to a Jehovah witness.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2021, 04:42 AM
    We are not called to have a relationship with GOD
    That is not correct. Jesus prayed in John 17, "That they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus whom Thou hast sent." That certainly speaks of relationship. That relationship is spoken of frequently. When we pray, Jesus taught that we pray to the Father. "Our Father, who art in heaven..."

As to the rest of your comments, you seem to saying that Jesus is completely God and completely man. If so, then good for you.

Jun 13, 2021, 10:07 AM
    We can't have a relationship with God outside of? Just as we all fall short of loving God with our all.
    Yet we are "Commanded" (Not called) to love GOD (no one loves GOD, not one) with all our heart, mind, body, soul, strength. God brings us to Jesus. We are to come (called to have a relationship) to Jesus...

You don't have to have a relationship with your Father, he is still your Father, and you are commanded too...

Saul of Tarsus, Loved, God (under the Commandment) with all (maybe as close as one can) his heart...yet he was kicking Jesus down.

I leave you to your own understanding. It's hard for me to understand even harder to explain.
    Has to do with The Trinity, Separate but the same. Jesus in GOD, GOD in Jesus...Humanity in Jesus, Jesus in Humanity.
    Husband and Wife might be similar...Bride of Christ.

Much the same as "Jesus came to save Humanity"- not really - Jesus came to do his Father's Will.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2021, 11:18 AM
    It's hard for me to understand even harder to explain.
    Has to do with The Trinity, Separate but the same. Jesus in GOD, GOD in Jesus...Humanity in Jesus, Jesus in Humanity.
    Husband and Wife might be similar...Bride of Christ.
    waltero, you are three in one, separate but the same -- you are a son, a nephew, and a brother.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2021, 11:38 AM
    We can't have a relationship with God outside of? Just as we all fall short of loving God with our all.
    Yet we are "Commanded" (Not called) to love GOD (no one loves GOD, not one) with all our heart, mind, body, soul, strength. God brings us to Jesus. We are to come (called to have a relationship) to Jesus...

You don't have to have a relationship with your Father, he is still your Father, and you are commanded too...
    I don't know what you are trying to say.

Saul of Tarsus, Loved, God (under the Commandment) with all (maybe as close as one can) his heart...yet he was kicking Jesus down.
    Not according to Jesus. Jesus said the Jews did not accept Him because they did not accept His Father to begin with. John 8:42ff. 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jun 13, 2021, 05:55 PM
    It has been said that "love is blind."

If this is so, then Saul's love for his religion led him to be totally convinced of the inerrancy of the Pharisaical doctrines and the righteousness of his ways. Years later he wrote, ". . . If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless." (Philippians 3:4-6)

Describing the spirit he nurtured, Saul said: “As respects zeal, [I was] persecuting the congregation; as respects righteousness that is by means of law, one who proved himself blameless.” “To the point of excess I kept on persecuting the congregation of God and devastating it, and I was making greater progress in Judaism than many of my own age in my race, as I was far more zealous for the traditions of my fathers.”​—Philippians 3:6; Galatians 1:13, 14.

God commanded; love, GOD, with all your heart. Remember, It is GOD that leads us to Jesus. We have no love for GOD unless GOD gives us that love (Jesus). Everything we have (even our love for GOD) is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

“Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.”
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2021, 06:54 PM
    If this is so, then Saul's love for his religion led him to be totally convinced of the inerrancy of the Pharisaical doctrines and the righteousness of his ways.
    I think that's pretty well said. When a person genuinely loves God, he will easily come to love His Son.

I love that quote. I think we fall short in the area of enjoying Him.

Jun 13, 2021, 07:04 PM
    I love that quote.
    It's one of my Fav.
    I think we fall short in the area of enjoying Him.
    Thank God For Jesus, Or I'd be toast!
    Maybe he will put a new song in your heart. The Joy is sure to come, for those that believe.

Our time is in His Hands...Another fav.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search