Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louise8694 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 12:25 PM
    Heating automatically switching to water only
    Hi
    My heating is automatically switching to hot water only. Beside the tank I have this small black box with a small silver switch, a lot of the time I turn heating on the rads stay cold, I flick this switch back to the left and rads come on and stay on. This happens every couple of days. Is there a way to stop it from automatically switching ? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2015, 03:57 PM
    Is there a name on your "black box"? Does it say ON-OFF-AUTO on the switch part? Post a picture and maybe we can help more.
    Louise8694 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 11:34 PM
    Hi, thank you for your reply. Not sure how to post a pic but yes the switches are MANUAL and AUTO. So basically when I turn heating on the rads all stay cold until I switch to manual. This happens very time as switch jumps back to auto when heating goes off :)
    Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Is there a name on your "black box"? Does it say ON-OFF-AUTO on the switch part? Post a picture and maybe we can help more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure pump keep switching on off automatically [ 0 Answers ]

I have a pressure pump installed on roof below water tank to boost water head for instant water heaters & showers. It has a 1/2 HP motor & a pressure switch/sensor to operate pump when any tap is opened. However it keeps on starting after every few minutes for half a minute & then stops, even when...

Switching from cooling to heating for the winter. [ 1 Answers ]

Folks, I have successfully replaced my White-Rogers 1E56W-309 non-programmable thermostat with Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 programmable thermostat today and boy the machine is a very fantastic dude. During the winter, I will have to heating. Previously, with the non-programmable thermostat, I...

Switching off water heater to reduce bills [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house and have 2 large water heaters. I'm not totally sure but I think they are parallel as both are the same size. After having a huge utilities bill, I would like to switch off one of the heaters as there is only 2 of us living in the house. Can anyone advise? ...

Water not switching correctly to shower head [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the center knob to activate the shower(Price Phfister, circa 1969) the water does not fully shut-off at the main nozzle, only a slight amount exits the shower head. Removed the control valve and replaced with another with the same results.

View more questions Search