Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    readykilowatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Sealed contacts
    Does anybody know what sealed contacts are and what they are used for?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 12:38 PM

Sealed contacts?

Might you be meaning sealed contracts?

Please clarify exactly what you are asking about... and better yet the situation you are in as to why you are asking.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Sealed contacts are used in switching devices, such as motor or control contactors, to keep the contacts protected from moisture, or in hazardous locations that contain explosive or combustible vapors, such as gasoline, or materials, such as wood dust or baking flour.

Yes, bread flour can be an explosive material. While flour may not burn very well if a match is put to it, if thrown or blown into the air as a dust, a spark will blow the roof off a building.

Start reading Article 500 Classified (Hazardous) Locations of the NEC. Don't try to absorb or understand it right off.
    readykilowatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 01:03 PM

Concerning motor control circuits.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by readykilowatt View Post
    concerning motor control circuits.
    Thanks for clarifying. I apologize for not posting appropriately.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I apologize for not posting appropriately.
    I learn new lingo all the time here, Rick!

It's been quite a learning experience since becoming a part of this site!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

Sealed record [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very important question, that I have been struggling with for 15 years and every time that I apply for a job it gets in my way. When I was turning 18 years old I was charge as a misder and it still on my record and I have graduate from college with a degree, and never being in any more...

Sealed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have met my birth parents and am so confused about my adoption. I am wondering if there is anyway to get my adoption records now that I am an adult. My parents were forced to give me and my family up and it all seems a little fishy to me. How do I get the records of my adoption?

Illusions contacts VS Natural touch contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Any one got any info on Illusions opeque colored contacts and Natrual Touch opeque colored contacts? Because I want to order some but my budget is very slim. The discroption of the contacts says that they provide depth to the eye... which gives off the illusion that they color you have is the...

View more questions Search