Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoodyRed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2016, 03:04 AM
    Lifting weights with torn rotator cuff
    I am going through pulmonary rehab, and lifting weights, but I have a torn rotator cuff. Should I be doing this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2016, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodyRed View Post
    I am going through pulmonary rehab, and lifting weights, but I have a torn rotator cuff. Should I be doing this?
    Definitely not. You don't want damaged ligaments on top of the other injury. I would think common sense would prevail.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2016, 06:19 AM
    Who told you to lift weights, and who diagnosed your torn rotor cuff? If you aren't following the advice of a real doctor then you are screwing yourself.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2016, 12:27 PM
    A turn rotator cuff needs surgery... it doesn't heal itself.

A partial tear might be done via arthroscopic surgery, minimally invasive and quick healing. I've had that, be foolish and detach it.. and they are laying open your shoulder with a LOT of pain and recovery time.

As was mentioned... you need to talk to a real doctor... I'm pretty sure what he would tell you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2016, 04:54 PM
    I have a torn rotator cuff. Been living with it. I am in healthcare doing many body transfers. Mine is getting better. No surgery. I can't be laid off as long as it takes, but I just lay off that side.

OK maybe second opinion. I gave my take and u guys chimed in with stuff that is irrelevant. This is what I do for a living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rotator cuff [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I new to this. May I ask a question?

I have a torn rotator cuff with extensive pain swelling [ 1 Answers ]

Discoloration and very prickly sensation of the skin

Rotator cuff [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am having dreadful pain for so many years in my shoulder, I have tried everything, my doc seems to say there is nothing that can be done,. I wonder does anyone have any help,. mike in ireland

View more questions Search