Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 9, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life View Post
    Ok, so where can I but HQ 4%...My doctor gave me samples but they are small tubes, not enough for my entire body. Also do you
    The tube of 4%hq tube is 30g and the Retin A is 20g.
    I don't think 4% comes in large size bottles.
    You can purchase in bulk at Alldaychemist.com real cheap but the shipping is higher, great price if you decide to lighten your whole body, cause your going to need a lot of tubes.:p
    Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life Posts: 54, Reputation: -3
    -

Jan 9, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    The tube of 4%hq tube is 30g and the Retin A is 20g.
    I don't think 4% comes in large size bottles.
    You can purchase in bulk at Alldaychemist.com real cheap but the shipping is higher, great price if you decide to lighten your whole body, cause your going to need a lot of tubes.:p
    Ok... besides the HQ... Are there any other creams or gels you recommend(That are safe)
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 9, 2010, 03:37 PM
    How were the samples of hq your doctor gave you?
    Were they 4%? Did you test them out?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Ok...besides the HQ...Are there any other creams or gels you recommend(That are safe)
    It is possible to use gels and cremes that cost under $100 and still achieve your results and not be ripped off, Fallen Angel. Hq and retin-a is only one of the few methods to lighten the skin, as there are other methods as well.

Hydroquinone is a chemical of itself and does not contain steroids or heavy metals. There are many products on the market that contains hq along with other ingredients such as steroids, mercury, &/or lead which may help increase lightening results but at a cost which may not be reversible.

You can get quality hq and ra and it may work for you. I am currently using them now and have lightened around 3.5 shades in some areas and 4 shades in others. Yes, this can be used when used safely, properly and not abused.

Examples of Hq abuse are:
    -using hq in very high amounts
    -knowingly or unknowingly used along with steroid or mercury products
    -not using a quality sunblock high in spf every day (to prevent UVA/UVB exposure)
    -not limiting the amount of sun exposure: when sun is limited and sunblock used you have a greater chance of continuing to achieve lightening results, maintain your results, and not causing your results to erverse and redarken
    -applying hq several times a day on regular basis. Hq only need to be applied 1-2x daily
    -Not using an exfoliator on a conistent basis
    -If you happen to have an allergic reaction to hq or your skin is too sensitive to hq and you still continue to use this, like many other things your skin's condition may become worse. You'll have to discontinue use shortly if your skin is unable to tolerate hq and skin's condition becoming worse.

**There are several other factors of hq abuse, these are only a few to avoid (which also applies to all skin lighteners and exfoliators in general) in order to help increase your success in lightening your skin**
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by live1 View Post
    please look at my pics in my thread,i use 60%lactic peel 3 times a week its usless .ive used gycolic usless too.ive done 50% tca peel didn't do a thing .im very consistent never ever miss a day.ive tried steroids hq clair liss maxi peel skin lite etc they are all scams,i was thinking of trying fair and white whitenizer gel cream but i doubt it will do anything .my derm said i have normal skin,with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation ,from old acne,they can't use lazer on my skin it will make more hyperpigmentation .she said use fade cream ,i tryed it .never worked.in england derms can't prescribe hq so i bout it on the net complete waste of time.

mequinol wot is this is it for hyperpigmentation?

Live1, may I ask where did you get Sepiwhite 10%? Or did you compound yours into a crème? What was the estimated time that you had used sepiwhite?

If none of the above has worked for you and you have seen no improvements within 3-4 months, and you mentioned that your derm has said that your skin is normal and the fade crème he prescribed for you is not effective (how long were you using this and what is the brand please?). Then my best suggestion would be to seek another dermatologist's opinion who is accustomed with working with patients of color, you will have to call &/or email around for the derm's in your area and ask them this who have specialized in treating patients of color who have suffered from hyperpigmentation and other skin issues.
    You can also speak with them about mequinol (branded Solage), which is quite potent mequinol 2%/tretinoin 1%. 10% has been used here from some members, you can do a search and read more about it here and through google:

Mequinol/tretinoin - Medpedia

Mequinol/Tretinoin Facts and Comparisons at Drugs.com

Mequinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Solage (Mequinol and Tretinoin) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

mequinol and tretinoin topical medical facts from Drugs.com

Again, discontinue shaving with razors and waxing. This will only continue to make the situation worse and prevent any benefits from occurring, and the hyperpigmenation problems and engrown hair bumps and will not improve if it is continued. Also Diana Stalder Papaya Kojic soap, Likas Papaya soap, or Authentic black soap can help remove engrown bumps, and improve the appearance of scars, and smooth out the skin. But, in your situation you'll still need to use an effective lightener. Seek out another dermatologist's opinion who has experience with improving the skin of people with darker complexions, read more on mequinol/tretinoin (Solage), and speak with them about your options including more on mequinol/tretinoin.
    n2n8887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyb View Post
    lol@you've been through alot

i am using the vitfee cream mixed with the african queen gel and surewhite serum

works great!
    When you mix the vit fee cream with the serum, do you add one jar of cream and one serum bottle together? Is it still working for you? Have you been using on your entire body?
    n2n8887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 03:45 PM
    When you mix the vit fee cream with the serum, do you add one jar of cream and one serum bottle together? Is it still working for you? Have you been using on your entire body?
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Jan 13, 2010, 12:19 PM

Hey loany! Thanks for the review!I would like to ask a question: did you or fallen angel experimente any acne from using neoprosone please?
    -

Jan 15, 2010, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    hey loany! thanks for the review!I would like to ask a question: did you or fallen angel experimente any acne from using neoprosone please?
    Hey... Well I already have acne prone skin so my answer won't really matter LOL. My skin is oily so I have acne outbreaks often. So I can't say whether Neoprosone caused acne outbreaks on my skin.
    loanyB Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2010, 10:44 PM
    hey loany! thanks for the review!I would like to ask a question: did you or fallen angel experimente any acne from using neoprosone please?
    No I did not.. are u?
    -

Jan 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyB View Post
    No I did not..are u?
    Hi LoanyB! You sent me a PM but I accidentally pressed delete when I meant to press reply. Please PM me again thanks!

Jan 16, 2010, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyB View Post
    No I did not..are u?
    No I didn't I want to give a try to neoprosone so I wanted to ask you before because I have oily skin . Thanks!

Jan 16, 2010, 03:49 AM
    Hey...Well I already have acne prone skin so my answer won't really matter LOL. My skin is oily so I have acne outbreaks often. So I can't say whether Neoprosone caused acne outbreaks on my skin.
    OK thanks. But I have another question: you don't use neoprosone anymore do you? SO how do you maintain your light skin color now?
    -

Jan 16, 2010, 09:17 AM
    ok thanks. but i have another question: you don't use neoprosone anymore do you? SO how do you maintain your light skin color now?
    I limit my exposure to the sun and wear protective clothing. For my face I use Aveeno pads to clean with, Duac cream in the morning and Retin-A at night.

Jan 16, 2010, 01:48 PM
    I limit my exposure to the sun and wear protective clothing. For my face I use Aveeno pads to clean with, Duac cream in the morning and Retin-A at night.
    OK thanks:)
    Lighterskin Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2010, 01:24 AM

loany thnk u so much for the great advice.. I actually got severe stretch marks from using bioclaire as well. A friend of mine also used it on her face and got huge black acne all over, it is definitely too strong for the face ladies so beware. As far as neoprosone goes I am currently using it, I will let u all know about my results. I am just worried because I have oily skin & I'm worried ill break out, so I'm testing it for now, using it on certain parts of my face to see if I break out in the following days. Also, the link for the AFRICAN QUEEN GEL is not working :( can someone please reply with the attachment, I have seen the african queen gel in a few beauty stores but I cannot tell if it's the real deal lol, There is one that is yellow, another one that is red I believe so I don't know which one is the one loany is referring to, if anyone knows please enlighten me. Finally I cannot stress this enough, stay away from bioclaire lol I got stretch marks from this product, definitely not worth it. I have yet to try fair & white though. But someone please help me with the african queen gel. =)
    thanks all. I'm so happy that u all are sharing your experiences, thank god for this site lol u don't understand every time I want to know about a cream I research it on Google and come on here to read those informative blogs =) so thanks to each n every one of u who truly is contributing to this blog (& I don't mean the ones who come on here to advertise their products lol). God bless u all, & together we will achieve the light skin we desire lol =) <33

Jan 18, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighterskin View Post
    loany thnk u so much for the great advice..i actually got severe stretch marks from using bioclaire as well. a friend of mine also used it on her face and got huge black acne all over, it is definetly too strong for the face ladies so beware. as far as neoprosone goes I am currently using it, i will let u all know about my results. I am just worried because i have oily skin & im worried ill break out, so im testing it for now, using it on certain parts of my face to see if i break out in the following days. Also, the link for the AFRICAN QUEEN GEL is not working :( can someone please reply with the attachment, i have seen the african queen gel in a few beauty stores but i cannot tell if its the real deal lol, There is one that is yellow, another one that is red i believe so i dont know which one is the one loany is referring to, if anyone knows please enlighten me. Finally i cannot stress this enough, stay away from bioclaire lol i got stretch marks from this product, definetly not worth it. I have yet to try fair & white though. But someone please help me with the african queen gel. =)
    thanks all. im so happy that u all are sharing ur experiences, thank god for this site lol u dont understand everytime i want to know about a cream i research it on google and come on here to read those informative blogs =) so thanks to each n every one of u who truly is contributing to this blog (& i dont mean the ones who come on here to advertise their products lol). god bless u all, & together we will achieve the light skin we desire lol =) <33

You are welcome.
    I inboxed you:)

Jan 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Hi LoanyB! You sent me a PM but I accidentally pressed delete when I meant to press reply. please PM me again thanks!
    Lol... I PM'd u
    nissy85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 09:24 PM

Hey LoanyB, am new to this forum. Can u PM me your current regimen. I used diane stalder gluthathione soap and it gave me severe hyperpigmentation on my hands.:mad: It looks really bad. Am medium brown. Thanks for any info .
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulskin View Post
    I used to love the G&G with the orange lid. When I was using it everyone used to ask what I use to get my skin so clear. I can't believe it didn't work for you.
    Yeah same here.. it worked GREAT for me... I think its because she only used it for a month... I used it for like at least 6months during the winter and I lighten at least 5 shades... im like ciara's color naturally and I became more like rihanna... but the problem with G&G is that its oily and with my already oily skin it gave me black head... so for people with dry skin.. this would be perfect.. it works but it takes time obviously... nothing really works in one month time seriously...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do you still use lightening creams in summer? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Here in France the weather is very hot since last week and I was wondering if it useless or not to continue using lightening creams?I read that with lightening creams skin is more sensitive to UV so isn't it like the lightening cream will have no effects? I put sunscreen every morning before...

How to ask for lightening creams [ 3 Answers ]

My mother and I went to the dermatologist year. We went for her scars on her legs but I asked her to aske the derm how I can lighten my complexion. She then asked him how can I lighten my ACNE scars. He knew what she really meant but gave me a acne lighting cream. I was so embarressed to ask him...

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

Lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Will my lightening cream work if I cover it with a moisturizer twice a day

View more questions Search