Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tutyfruity Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Ummm.. 90% of these products are harmful to people in the long run. Thanks for recommending them. :(
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Jan 9, 2010, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tutyfruity View Post
    ummm..90% of these products are harmful to people in the long run. Thanks for reccomending them. :(
    Do you have something better to contribute?? This review is rather helpful. Everyone knows their risks... krhjyo

Jan 9, 2010, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    do you have something better to contribute??? this review is rather helpful. everyone knows their risks..................krhjyo
    No actually people who are new to lightening might not know the risks asssociated with these products and just buy the products based off the reviews. And yes I do have something to contribute, you could use straight 4% NON steroid added HQ along with an exfoiliator like retin-a so there's no chance of skin thinning.
    loanyB Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Jan 9, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    do you have something better to contribute??? this review is rather helpful. everyone knows their risks..................krhjyo
    Thanks for saying that..

Jan 9, 2010, 12:42 AM
    No actually people who are new to lightening might not know the risks asssociated with these products and just buy the products based off the reviews. And yes i do have something to contribute, you could use straight 4% NON steroid added HQ along with an exfoiliator like retin-a so theres no chance of skin thinning.

If you choose to use your retin a and HQ that's you.. but this was done solely to inform people on what works and doesn't.. Im sure most of them know the risks..

I

Jan 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by live1 View Post
    1 month is not long enough to test if they work lol u need to give it 6 months at least

ive been using 4% hydroquinone with retin a for 2 months and it hasnt started to work yet ,but it take 6 months at least
    6 months? I am not that patient.. lol
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 02:01 AM
    No actually people who are new to lightening might not know the risks asssociated with these products and just buy the products based off the reviews. And yes i do have something to contribute, you could use straight 4% NON steroid added HQ along with an exfoiliator like retin-a so theres no chance of skin thinning.
    @Tutyfruity yes your concern for awareness is appreciated by some such as myself but our concern for those who are not aware will not be accepted by all unfortunately.

Some of us know the risks of what steroid and mercury laced products can do to the skin, but sadly many do not know and the others who read this years after us may not know and may be unfortunate to learn the hard way and have either 2 things: horrible ugly bruised and shredded looking skin with continued ues and/or sickly health effects unaware of it coming from certain adulterated skin products poisoning their system.

I am glad that this review was written, but it is important to understand and make aware for the many who do not know the risks or what's in many of these products. And not assume that the people who are interested should already know what will happen later down the road. The good and the bad both should be mentioned so it is at everyone's own risk and not just assume.

Because many of us did not know when first started using many of these products and what they have high potential of doing and we unfortunately found out the hard way. No reason to conceal the negatives too if you are aware of the negatives. Every lightener I (and others) have used, whether positive or negative, some of the other members here and myself try to mention the physical and health pros and cons of what it can do to the body. Including carefully how to use hq, retina, makari and there drawbacks. We can't just assume everyone knows the potential of what can happen because many of the side effects will not go away and are permanent and will make the skin ugly that no lightener will then be able to fix.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 02:18 AM

Many routes to take to lighten that is true, some work better for others some do not. Everyone lightens differently, w/ different products, and at different lengths of time. Variety is good to add to the list. But if something gives bad results (which are worse than no results), not properly used, and/or is not safe, we can not assume they know and to just fend for themselves because many do not know what will happen. We all have to look out for eachother and make eachother aware of what else can happen too...

Me: Hq 4%/Retin-a 0.05% = so far 3.5-4 shades lighter in 3 months, used daily or everyother day 1-2x daily

People lighten at different speeds and the body takes longer to lighten with any product used when compared to the face due to the thickness of skin. Steroids may lighten in a matter of days mostly due to the thinning and stretching of the skin, regardless of the skin cellturnover of avg 28 days.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 9, 2010, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyB View Post
    6 months? I am not that patient.....!lol
    LOL! I'm with you!
    I always start to see results within two weeks of using a skin lightener and adding Retin A made it so much better.

Jan 9, 2010, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Many routes to take to lighten that is true, some work better for others some do not. Everyone lightens differently, w/ different products, and at different lengths of time. Variety is good to add to the list. But if something gives bad results (which are worse than no results), not properly used, and/or is not safe, we can not assume they know and to just fend for themselves because many do not know what will happen. We all have to look out for eachother and make eachother aware of what else can happen too...

Me: Hq 4%/Retin-a 0.05% = so far 3.5-4 shades lighter in 3 months, used daily or everyother day 1-2x daily

People lighten at different speeds and the body takes longer to lighten with any product used when compared to the face due to the thickness of skin. Steroids may lighten in a matter of days mostly due to the thinning and stretching of the skin, regardless of the skin cellturnover of avg 28 days.

Amen. If people want to use these products after knowing the risks then that's their business. But it's totally different to advocate them, without telling the full story as to WHY they lighten you so quickly.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 04:59 AM
    That is true, I agree. If we advocate the full stories of the toxic products that causes bad and disastrous effects to the skin. Then perhaps in hopes many of these products containing lethal amounts of steroids, mercury, and additional heavy metals in order to cheaply lighten the skin eventually more of them may be removed from the market and to no longer cause harm on innocent victims once they are at least made aware. Everyone will not appreciate the advice of exposed products, but few are actually listening..
    live1 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post

Bull steroid along with bio clair oil and cream mix and 4% hq with ra after 2 months has not lightened my craig david color skin,I added betanovate cream to it too.it a steroid for my exma,its all rubbish nothing works ,ps sepi white is also uselles my sister used it 4 months .I think skin lightening is impossible
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by live1 View Post
    bull steroid along with bio clair oil and cream mix and 4% hq with ra after 2 months has not lightened my craig david color skin,i added betanovate cream to it too.it a steroid for my exma,its all rubbish nothing works ,ps sepi white is also uselles my sister used it 4 months .i think skin lightening is impossible
    Sorry to hear that so many things are not working for you. What shade are you trying to achieve? As you are already fair. I don't know if your interested in reading more information about mequinol 2-10%/tretinoin 0.05-0.1% and see if it will lighten your skin. You can read some of the experiences on here.

Hw long have you been using the sepiwhite and what percentage is it?

Jan 9, 2010, 08:14 AM

I'm craig david color but my hyperpigmentation is 2 shades darker that's what I want gone ,I've been trying for 3 years so far. Steroids suck they won't lighten skin just like hq sucks.my sista and me used 10 % sepi its usless garbage,60 % lactic acid peels is not doing nothing . 50% tca peel is not working.my pics are in my other thread
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 08:27 AM

Believe me, steroids will cause the hyperpigmentation to worsen over time and only cause more skin destruction. Hyperpigmentation can be corrected with the assistance of using aha's such as lactic acid and glycolic acid being among the most popular. I would say try the lactic acid peels first, because they are milder and yet offer many benefits. Lactic acid is helping to improve my hyperpigmentation on my elbows, fading my scars, spots, and discoloration (and has completely faded some of my scars) on both my arms and hands. I have a tendency of bruising quite easily.

You will have to be consistent with it, using it on a weekly basis (1-2 times weekly or as instructed) and continue to apply the hq to those areas as well on the following day.

If lactic acid is too mild for you and your sister, then use glycolic acid peels on a consitent basis. You must also use a pH balancer and cool water to help lessen the risk of skin irritation and burns. This may take several months for improvement is noticed, depending on how bad the hyperpigmentation is. I take photos of my progress every few weeks/months, even when I barely notice any differences. The photos will beable to help chart your progress.

Within 3-4 months if you and your siblings still have zero improvement, schedule to see your dermatologist and they will be able to assist with the skin problems and explain why there is no improvement. I hope that you'll be able to solve your skin issues. Derms may have to use stronger methods such as laser treatments and such.

Jan 9, 2010, 08:52 AM

Please look at my pics in my thread,I use 60%lactic peel 3 times a week its usless .ive used gycolic usless too.ive done 50% tca peel didn't do a thing .im very consistent never ever miss a day.ive tried steroids hq clair liss maxi peel skin lite etc they are all scams,I was thinking of trying fair and white whitenizer gel cream but I doubt it will do anything .my derm said I have normal skin,with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation ,from old acne,they can't use laser on my skin it will make more hyperpigmentation .she said use fade cream ,I tried it .never worked.in england derms can't prescribe hq so I about it on the net complete waste of time.

Mequinol what is this is it for hyperpigmentation?
    Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life Posts: 54, Reputation: -3
    -

Jan 9, 2010, 02:43 PM

Ok.. about the steroid factor... does hydroquinone contain steroids? A poster stated using Hydroquinone 4% and Retin A... Is that safe?
    -

Jan 9, 2010, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyB View Post
    if you choose to use ur retin a and HQ thats you..but this was done solely to inform people on what works and doesnt..Im sure most of them know the risks..

I

Hey LoanyB, I'm trying to PM you but it seems to be disable. Please message me if you will.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 9, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life View Post
    Ok..about the steroid factor...does hydroquinone contain steroids?? A poster stated using Hydroquinone 4% and Retin A....Is that safe?
    NO! Hydroquinone does not contain steroids, but some products do contain both. I too have used the 4%hq and Retin A with no problem. You'll have to try it yourself to see how it reacts to your skin.
    -

Jan 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    NO!! Hydroquinone does not contain steriods, but some products do contain both. I too have used the 4%hq and Retin A with no problem. You'll have to try it yourself to see how it reacts to your skin.
    Ok, so where can I but HQ 4%... My doctor gave me samples but they are small tubes, not enough for my entire body. Also do you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do you still use lightening creams in summer? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Here in France the weather is very hot since last week and I was wondering if it useless or not to continue using lightening creams?I read that with lightening creams skin is more sensitive to UV so isn't it like the lightening cream will have no effects? I put sunscreen every morning before...

How to ask for lightening creams [ 3 Answers ]

My mother and I went to the dermatologist year. We went for her scars on her legs but I asked her to aske the derm how I can lighten my complexion. She then asked him how can I lighten my ACNE scars. He knew what she really meant but gave me a acne lighting cream. I was so embarressed to ask him...

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

Lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Will my lightening cream work if I cover it with a moisturizer twice a day

View more questions Search