Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gertrude Taylor Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Dvd drive
    I think my drives are disconnected, how can I connect them?

Mar 28, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Cd connection
    How 2 do it
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 07:40 AM

Connect Audio(and video)out to Audio and (Video) in.
    Select proper source.

Mar 28, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Floppy drive
    My floppy drive was the primary onnection but it has failed therefore the cd/dvd drives won't work. What should I do?

Mar 28, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Floppy fail, cd/dvd not connected
    Since my floppy drive failed and it is the primary connection my cd and dvd drives are also disconnected. What must I do?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 08:31 AM

First, please don't start 5 new threads; it clutters up the board and makes it harder for you to get the right answer(s).

Second, what do you mean when you say your floppy drive "failed"? How is it the primary connection?

Mar 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    First, please don't start 5 new threads; it clutters up the board and makes it harder for you to get the right answer(s).

Second, what do you mean when you say your floppy drive "failed"? How is it the primary connection?
    When I bootup my PC the folppy does not come on.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 09:33 AM

You need to describe your problem more in-depth. What do you mean by "it doesn't come on"? Does it not read the disk? Are you starting up the PC and then inserting the disk, or are you starting the PC with the disk already inserted?

Mar 28, 2009, 05:21 PM
    I do not use a disc to bootup my computer. I guess I'll have to get a technician to check my computer. Thanks all the same for trying to assist me.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 05:29 PM

What happens when you turn it on, and what did it use to do?
    You might right click"My computer", Click Properties and look in device manager for DVD.
    If you have XP, you could restore to an earlier date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

How to format a hard drive on a dell desktop with XP home edition and no floppy drive [ 18 Answers ]

How do I format a hard drive on a Dell Dimension 8110 with Windows XP home edition 2007 without a floppy drive? I tried to follow answers to some similar qustions posted previously on this site but when I do I get messages like "what's the disk volume label" from the command prompt window after...

Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to know if these parts are compatible... Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners Newegg.com - Western Digital...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search