Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bradnon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Illinois Condo Law Special Asses Voting
    If a condo association in Illinois is voting on a special assessment and there are owners who aren't informed of the meeting, is that vote valid/legal. What can a group of owners do in this instance?
    There are three owners who have moved out (but still own) of the building in the past two years, but have NEVER been notified of a single meeting (there have been many). What actions are we able to take? We have spoken with the management company as well as the board of directors a number of times regarding this issue.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:19 PM

How certain are you that the missing owners have a current address on file with the management?
    Bradnon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    How certain are you that the missing owners have a current address on file with the management?
    All the missing owners have received assessment bills at their current addresses.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:47 PM

Illinos condo act is a binding law for all condo associations. Document Viewer They must inform or declare that there will be a special assessment but this might be done via a notice in the newspaper. I am the President of a Lake HOA and we try to abide by the condo act but there are some difference with a lake HOA so I'm going to say I am not sure for your situation. Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

Voting [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: I'm an exconvict. That notwithstanding, I wish to be a productive and participating member of society. Toward that end, I vote. Now, I really don't know if I'm legally allowed to vote, and I don't want to commit more crimes. However, I've tried to research it, but I've come up with...

Voting [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to get people to go and vote? I'm not talking about any particular candidate or any particular age group, gender or background. I'm just talking about generally getting people to vote. What do you think is the best way to go about it?

View more questions Search