Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 28, 2009, 12:12 PM

That conduit is missing electrical conduit connector.( or the conduit simply slipped from the connector ). It is dangerous to have just wires hanging from the disposer.

1. photo showing no elec. Conduit connector
    2. here is one of the several connectors that should be used to attach conduit to the GD
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2009, 01:46 PM

I have to disagree regarding Moen's quality. I have been installing their products for over 30 years and do not get call backs. They have great warranty, support and tutorials on line. Tom , Milo, Mark what do you guys think of Moen?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 02:11 PM

Open the link below and see if this is like your faucet and it will show the O ring that is needed, and to tell the truth I like Moen the best, Thanks.

John

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/7430pt.pdf
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 28, 2009, 03:51 PM

I agree with Bob and afaroo. Moen is top of the line. If you do indeed have a Moen, its easy to fix and parts from manufacturer will be free.

Thanks for the comment. If you decide to repair or replace fuacet, let us know.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2009, 09:46 AM
    My company used Moen Faucets exclusively for their new work. I have them in my own home and am completely sold on them. Regards, tom
    GirlyWrench Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Hey guys, thanks so much for all the help. My formerly stuffed up sink is perfect now!

Now I decided to put in a new faucet.

Everything works great, except the water pressure sucks. I took out as many flow retarders as I could find.

When I fill a bucket with the hose, not connected to the faucet, I get 2 gallons per minute.
    With the faucet attached, I only get 1.25 gallons per minute, even without the aerator.

Are there any more flow stoppers I can remove?

p.s. Just for you, since you liked the nail polish, I put my feet in the sink!
    Attached Images

iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 07:09 PM
    When I fill a bucket with the hose, not connected to the faucet, I get 2 gallons per minute.
    With the faucet attached, I only get 1.25 gallons per minute, even without the aerator.

Are there any more flow stoppers I can remove?
    Check to see if there is a flow restrictor in the hose where it connects to the hand spray unit or in the inlet of the hand spray itself.

Jul 14, 2009, 07:20 PM

Hi Growler. I took out two flow restrictors. One in the hose, and another one in the hand sprayer.

It seems like there may be more flow restrictors inside of the sprayer, but I can't figure out how to take it apart.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWrench View Post
    Hi Growler. I took out two flow restrictors. One in the hose, and another one in the hand sprayer.

It seems like there may be more flow restrictors inside of the sprayer, but I can't figure out how to take it apart.
    I'd stop right there with the hand spray, GW.

One other place to look for flow restrictors is in the supply lines that came with the faucet.

If there are restrictors in the faucets inlets, you can usually pull these out with a dental pick.

Jul 15, 2009, 07:39 AM

The faucet came with its own supply lines. 3/8" plastic, factory installed. The only other line is the 1/2" one that connects the faucet head to the hose.

Here's the thing, though. The hose sprays fine. 2 gallons per minute. It only slows down when I attach the faucet head.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWrench View Post
    The faucet came with its own supply lines. 3/8" plastic, factory installed. The only other line is the 1/2" one that connects the faucet head to the hose.

Here's the thing, though. The hose sprays fine. 2 gallons per minute. It only slows down when I attach the faucet head.
    Still, I'd be hesitant to open the faucet head.

If you do decide to explore further, expect things to be spring loaded, which means parts may go flying across the room.

Jul 15, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Lol!! :) :) :)
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 10:03 AM

It sounds like you have problem with your sprayer head and I would suggest to check with the store that you purchased the faucet if they can replace the sprayer head or the whole faucet, Thanks.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 05:43 PM

Looking at your posted photo now: I am even surprised the disposer drain is not clogged up every other week. And the Irish plumber makes his money call after call without noticing it...

Jul 16, 2009, 06:05 PM

Thanks, Milo! It was clogged up once, and the auger I bought worked great.

iamgrowler,
    I went to a plumbing supply store today, and you are spot on. I took the faucet head with me, and the flow restrictors are jammed so far in, that there is no access. I'm just going to buy a different one. Thanks for the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double sink clogged way down - snake used [ 2 Answers ]

My double sink backed up with brown, nasty water with bits of food waste 2 days ago. It shoots out the overflow and comes up and down in both sides of the sink when I run the garbage disposer. I tried a commercial drain cleaner to no avail. Hours later, my husband took it apart and ran a snake...

New double sink, disposal, dishwasher - old drain pipe location too high? [ 8 Answers ]

This seems like the place to go! I've spent hours reading the posts but can't quite seem to find my exact situation. We are completely remodeling our kitchen and just installed the new double bowl cast iron sink, garbage disposal and dishwasher. All of the information we've been reading, including...

Double kitchen sink w/garbage disposal and dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

Installed new counter and sink several years ago. Problem is that when I put the stopper in one side and fill with water the garbage disposal side drains VERY slow. The never was an air gap installed. It drains into the garbage disposal.. no problem there. The sink is deeper than the old one....

Clogged double kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink is very clogged,I plunged the right side and the left side goes down but as soon as I take the plunger off the right side water comes back into the left so I'm keeping the right side stopped up with the plunger. I've tried liquid plumer twice and nothing seems to help.please help me...

Clogged double kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

On occasion when I see water standing in my right sink where the garbage disposal is, I assume something is in the disposal and while running water turn it on and clear it out. In that circumstance waste then goes into the opposite sink. This has gradually gotten worse and now both sinks fill up...

View more questions Search