Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtwess1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Cannot forward email
    I try forwarding my email and I get message cannot forward until I click on uhl or url not sure which at bottom of page. However when I get to bottom of page it is not there and I have nothing to click. It's asking this so that I can type a copy of the letters and numbers they ask to copy. Help please. Stuck
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 09:22 PM

Would need some more information; what email are you trying to use to forward email?

Sep 25, 2009, 06:47 AM

Trying to send AOL to Yahoo
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 06:52 AM
    So you are using AOL Mail then?

Sep 25, 2009, 06:52 AM

Ummm have to check on AOL get back to you

Sep 25, 2009, 06:59 AM
    First in answer to need Karma - Love your picture. Yes, I am using AOL 9.1 to be exact

Sep 25, 2009, 07:05 AM

To forward email you insert addresses in the TO: box... Are you doing this from your Address/Contact list?
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:08 AM
    I hate to tell you but AOL is a dying business. I doubt there are many here that could offer you tech support short of googling an answer. AOL's tech support is notoriously abysmal. I would look into getting a new internet provider. Be forewarned - there are many horror tales concerning people trying to cancel their AOL service and have a very difficult time.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:09 AM

With AOL you get whatever it is you want to forward on your screen, hit the forward option on the right hand side, either take the forwarding address off your address book OR type it in and hit "send."

That isn't working for you?

You might be getting confused because once you hit forward you get pretty much a blank screen - sort of a cover page. That doesn't mean the email you are attempting to forward isn't being sent.

It doesn't matter what provider the other person is using.

Sep 25, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Thanks for your help and all others who tried to help. Have problem solved seems AOL had some problem and the message kept coming on. Now is has disappeared and, yes, have different provider it is verizon fios but haven't figured out how to transfer all my addresses from AOL to verizon. Thanks again for all the help and have a super weekend.

Rtwess

Sep 25, 2009, 07:51 AM

Try copy and paste
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rtwess1 View Post
    ... but haven't figured out how to transfer all my addresses from aol to verizon.
    Some quick googling turned this utility that people use: Convert AOL Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) Files - Export AOL Favorites, Email, Addresses - Import AOL Favorite Places, Email, Addresses to Outlook and Gmail using ePreserver

Sep 25, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedarln2265 View Post
    Try copy and paste
    It worked for me
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 02:18 PM
    it worked for me

If you were able to cut and paste an AOL address book into another program/carrier I have no idea why AOL has programs to do just that.

I could not and had to use the "tools" recommended by "Karma."
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 02:35 PM
    it worked for me
    That's because you were trying to forward an e-mail; the OP was trying to forward an address book.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    That's because you were trying to forward an e-mail; the OP was trying to forward an address book.

What was the question - again?

I'd check TOS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

Too forward maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

I was on a date with another guy. While sitting at the bar, we started talking to a couple next to us. They were on a second date. Well... I found the other guy extremely attractive and wanted to know more about him. So... he told me he is a member of an online dating site. I emailed him when...

Unable to forward email attachments [ 4 Answers ]

I have Microsoft Windows XP, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2 When I receive a email and want to forward it with attachments; the receiver receives the email but there are NO attachments. Can you help?

View more questions Search