Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayush779 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 11:43 PM
    How to face parents when they get to know?
    I am 19 and I have just completed one year of a relationship, and except for my mother, my whole family knows about my girlfriend (my father is no more). Her mom is very conservative. She says she is going to skin her alive if she comes to know about her being in a relationship with anyone. She likes me and knows only that we are very good friends. How do we face the parents or tell them when the need arises? We are very much in love with each other and can't even think of being separated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 12:13 AM
    Please do not text. I edited your post so others will be able to read it.

May I ask what culture are you in? Is a marriage always arranged by the parents? Or why are the parents so much against a relationship?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 4, 2013, 06:13 AM
    And how old is she, and what are you both doing in terms of school or work, and does each of you live at home?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 06:31 AM
    IF you are in a relationship for over a year, it is time for them to know.
    Hiding it, only makes it harder for them to accept ( if they ever will)
    What happens if it is never accepted ? What do you do ?

Feb 4, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    And how old is she, and what are you both doing in terms of school or work, and does each of you live at home?
    She is 18 and I am 19 we both are in college , she is pursuing a degree of 1year and me a 3year degree .

Post by Wondergirl;
    Please do not text. I edited your post so others will be able to read it.

May I ask what culture are you in? Is a marriage always arranged by the parents? Or why are the parents so much against a relationship?
    I am an Indian amd in my culture LOVE marriage is NOT a Taboo. Its OK .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 10:09 AM
    We get many questions here about Indian lovers who want to marry but cannot because parents demand an arranged marriage within their caste.

So why are your and her parents so much against this relationship ("skin her alive"?? ), if not because of your culture?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 10:24 AM
    They probably want her to finish her education and not be distracted by MEN.

Feb 5, 2013, 02:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We get many questions here about Indian lovers who want to marry but cannot because parents demand an arranged marriage within their caste.

So why are your and her parents so much against this relationship ("skin her alive"???), if not because of your culture?
    They DO NOT know about us... that is my Ques only. How to let them know and if they get to know by some third person then how top tackle the situation

Feb 5, 2013, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ayush779 View Post
    she is 18 and i am 19 we both are in college , she is pursuing a degree of 1years and me a 3year degree .

i am an Indian amd in my culture LOVE marriage is NOT a Taboo. its ok .
    Sorry for her it's a 4 year degree. Typing error

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

How long honey can be keep on face with a face pak? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it harmful if I keep a facepak with honey for an hour?

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Should I get on a plane and find out what happened face to face? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was in a relationship with a girl I met through World of Warcraft(pc game) for about three years until the 4/11/09 when I she ended it, over msn. She is Norwegian, I'm English. She was 16 when I met her and I was 17. I'm now 21 and she is 19. We've spent a lot of time together....

View more questions Search