Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snikwad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2015, 09:24 AM
    Why does my hot water tank get hot when my central heating is on
    Why does my hot water tank get hot when my central heating is on when my hot water control is not on
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2015, 07:23 PM
    Is the heating boiler piped to the hot water tank?

Feb 15, 2015, 02:29 AM
    Venting
    Their appears to be no blockage in my central heating yet it continues to vent into my header tank can anyone help

Feb 15, 2015, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    Is the heating boiler piped to the hot water tank?
    It is a normal central heating and hot water system.

Not knowing anything about plumbing all I can tell you is that the hot water system works normally but the central heating vents into the header tank as soon as it is switch on
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2015, 01:51 PM
    By header tank, do you mean a tank up on or in the floor joists with one pipe going to the boiler? If so, it is perfectly normal for that tank to get warm when the boiler heats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heating only comes on when the hot water comes on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if you cen help, I've got a problem with my central heating it will only come on when the hot water is switched on as well. It's a Potterton condenser boiler I think its fairly new, I've only just moved into the house so I can't really be sure. Thanks Steve

Central Heating Takes Over Hot Water [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am currently very confused with my central heating system. I have noticed that when I switch on the "Hot Water" only, on the control unit, the actuator switches over correctly to heat the cylinder hot water tank. When I switch on "Central Heating" only, on the control unit, the actuator...

Good central heating but no hot water [ 1 Answers ]

We have a BIASI boiler. The central heating appears to be working fine but the water supply is coming out the taps at a low temperature. The kitchen sink seems to be okay but I can't stand to have a cold bath! Can anybody offer any advice before I end up paying a fortune to get an engineer out....

Central heating on with hot water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody offer advice my central heating has started working when switched off, but when hot water is switched on it has a boiler in the kitchen and a tank and pump in the loft I have been told somebody had a similar problem fixed by a part on the hot water tank can anybody ether tell me what...

Blocked central heating hot water pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help me out. A brief senario: the hot water comes out of the boiler and then goes through a pump. After this it get split up 2 ways (1) to the radiators which are hot, working and not the problem. (2) The problem path is through a hot water to water heat exchanger tank...

View more questions Search