Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
    Ammo alert
    For those that may need self defense ammo in .40 there is a great sale going on. Its DRT Ammo. And the price is really good.

Gander Mountain® > DRT TerminalShock .40 SW FHP 105gr 50-count - Hunting > Shooting Gear : Firearms, Ammunition, Black Powder, Firearm Accessories
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Do you ever buy from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

I normally buy by the case and have had a lot of luck with them
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Yes I have been to many sites for ammo. This just happened to be a deal that really is a deal as the personal defense stuff is usually super expensive.

This stuff was 2/3 off the list price. That's amazing in today's times.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 12:21 PM
    FR. Chuck. Instead of meeting for Apple Pie, we need to go shoot a few rounds, Brian in Woodstock.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Don't know if anyone here has an AK or SKS but if you do and you're looking for 7.62x39, Ammoman.com is running a special for one week. Russian steel cased, new manufacture ammo at $209 for 1,000. Price includes shipping.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Don't know if anyone here has an AK or SKS but if you do and you're looking for 7.62x39, Ammoman.com is running a special for one week. Russian steel cased, new manufacture ammo at $209 for 1,000. Price includes shipping.
    I wonder what the round looks like. There isn't any information on it.

Here is a site with an everyday price.

Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 122gr FMJ Steel Case 1000rd Case
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Guess everyone is getting ready for the end of the world in 2012 to fight off the mobs of zombies or what ever it will be.

The local survivor groups stock up on 22 ammo, says that will be the one to keep and use after society ends.

But yes, I normally shoot down around the Farmers Market near the airport. Don't shoot as much as I used to
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Guess everyone is getting ready for the end of the world in 2012 to fight off the mobs of zombies or what ever it will be.

The local survivor groups stock up on 22 ammo, says that will be the one to keep and use after society ends.

But yes, I normally shoot down around the Farmers Market near the airport. Don't shoot as much as I used to

Lol. Lets face it the .22 is for hunting small animals when you need to eat. Should you use your large caliber weapon it tends to make them explode.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2011, 06:47 PM
    I have 2 types of 7.62X39. One is Norinco, copper colored case and the other is Wolf, green enamel. Both shoot fine. Looks like a short M-14 round which is 7.62. Had Black Friday at Hi Caliber in Woodstock GA. 7.62X59 Mosin Nagant WWII rifle, re arsenaled for $80
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I have 2 types of 7.62X39. One is Norinco, copper colored case and the other is Wolf, green enamel. Both shoot fine. Looks like a short M-14 round which is 7.62. Had Black Friday at Hi Caliber in Woodstock GA. 7.62X59 Mosin Nagant WWII rifle, re arsenaled for $80
    I know what the 7.62x39 looks like but on the website there wasn't a picture nor description of what type other then "police" ammo. It didn't say what grain it was.

I have a personal preference for brass ammo. But that's just a personal thing. I know many people that have shot the wolf ammo and never had a problem (steel case). Its just a personal thing.

Im sure what they are selling is decent ammo on that site. Just not sure about all the specs.
    Entomology Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I know what the 7.62x39 looks like but on the website there wasnt a picture nor description of what type other then "police" ammo. It didnt say what grain it was.

I have a personal preference for brass ammo. But thats just a personal thing. I know many people that have shot the wolf ammo and never had a problem (steel case). Its just a personal thing.

Im sure what they are selling is decent ammo on that site. Just not sure about all the specs.
    Actually, there are 6 pictures of it so I'm not sure if you were looking at the right stuff. It looks like Wolf ammo and it's 123 grains.

I'm not too worried about it, for $209 shipped, some friends and I just ordered a bunch of it to burn up at the range.

Uber Member

Dec 5, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Police ammo? I guess they use AK 47's for police work. Some of my ammo looks just like that. Not sure you can get brass case. This stuff is so cheap, I'd never reload it.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Police ammo? I guess they use AK 47's for police work. Some of my ammo looks just like that. Not sure you can get brass case. This stuff is so cheap, I'd never reload it.
    You can't reload steel. Once fired the case is deformed. You could never get it back into shape again.
    Entomology Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Actually, it doesn't say Police ammo... it says "7.62x39 MILITARY GRADE"... and I agree, the cost of 7.62x39 new makes it senseless to consider reloading this caliber. On top of that, we're talking about AK's here... they have no problem with the steel casing.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Actually, it doesn't say Police ammo...it says "7.62x39 MILITARY GRADE"...and I agree, the cost of 7.62x39 new makes it senseless to consider reloading this caliber. On top of that, we're talking about AK's here....they have no problem with the steel casing.
    Just be sure to clean everything when your done with water based solvent or windex for the barrel. Then lude liberally when finished.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Amazing how things morph! Started with 40 cal and now have more posts about 7.62X39.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Amazing how things morph! Started with 40 cal and now have more posts about 7.62X39.
    That's OK. Its just good to see discussions. Since I started the thread I don't mind if it morphs. We can all learn something from one another.

That is always a good thing ;)
    Entomology Expert

Dec 6, 2011, 03:44 PM
    I didn't expect it to turn this way or else I would have started my own thread. I was only adding to this one since it was a good deal.

We got our shipment delivered to us at work today. The ammo looks the same as Wolf. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Just be sure to clean everything when your done with water based solvent or windex for the barrel. Then lude liberally when finished.
    Also, thanks for the advice but it's Non-Corrosive so there is no need for the water or Windex trick on this. It's new, not surplus. I have passed up fantastic deals on surplus simply because of this reason... the way I see it, there is no need to be using corrosive powder these days.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I didn't expect it to turn this way or else I would have started my own thread. I was only adding to this one since it was a good deal.

We got our shipment delivered to us at work today. The ammo looks the exact same as Wolf. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    Hence the title "Ammo Alert"

Its great to find good deals and share them. Feel free anytime.
    KingGhidora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 02:18 PM
    For those interested in the deal going at Ammoman on the 7.62 x 39 "military grade" ammo there are photos of exactly what you are buying. It looks identical to the green steel case Wolf ammo that we've seen for years. It just comes in a white box instead. I actually have some of this ammo I've had for years. For all I can tell it is identical to the Wolf ammo. It has always worked well for me. I still have about 500 rounds of it or more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dog Alert! [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I have a big full black german shepard and a yorkie mix. But I'm afraid that my two dogs that I have now will not like the chihuahua puppy that I'm going to get in a few days.:confused:

Using my own WLAN and got alert that there were two others using it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi dears. I have a Cabel modem with WLAN, use them both. On my laptop, I recently got the message that my WLAN connection was being used (intruded) - I looked at the diagram from 'Network Magic' which came with my laptop, and now they 'suggest' I buy the program... So, could this be a ploy...

View more questions Search