Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a2daj216 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Starting
    This sight seems very cool, I'm planning on starting a company, I live in swfl and I want to start a cleaning company and eventually add stuff onto it, any good input on how to go about that?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Hi, a2daj216!

What kind of cleaning company is yours going to be, residential, commercial or some other type of cleaning, please?

Also, have you already had experience cleaning for others in the way that you want to in order to make a profit for yourself?

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, a2daj216!

What kind of cleaning company is yours going to be, residential, commercial or some other type of cleaning, please?

Also, have you already had experience cleaning for others in the way that you want to in order to make a profit for yourself?

Thanks!
    I'm going to start a residential cleaning company, as it progresses I do want to add on other services, I have 6yrs residential, also commercial, 3yrs window and pressure washing, and just starting carpets, I have a machine for the carpets and its pretty simple stuff but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to start it all up you know?
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Hi again, a2daj216!

It sounds like you already have some good experience "under your belt" and from which you can draw in order to let customers know about what you can do and the way that you might do it.

Have you formatted a business plan yet? That would be the first thing that I would suggest doing. If you would like to get a business plan started on this thread, that would be fine.

When you did the previous work, were you working for someone else or by yourself, please?

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Hi again, a2daj216!

It sounds like you already have some good experience "under your belt" and from which you can draw in order to let customers know about what you can do and the way that you might do it.

Have you formatted a business plan yet? That would be the first thing that I would suggest doing. If you would like to get a business plan started on this thread, that would be fine.

When you did the previous work, were you working for someone else or by yourself, please?

Thanks!
    Both I guess, I started working with a person but eventually started doing all the jobs myself, I have a plan written up, I got the name and all that fun stuff, even sketched out a logo, do you think all those things would fall under the same licsense? Lol maybe things I should look at but I don't know where to look quite yet...
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 08:40 PM

Have you incorporated as yet?

Stringer

Oct 26, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Have you incorporated as yet?

Stringer
    No, I don't know, like the whole sole proprieter, or C corp or the other classifications, I'm getting the ficticous name if that how you spell it rather soon, I don't know I want my business to have its own account and not to be added to my income except for the checks it writes to me. I haven't incorporated yet
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a2daj216 View Post
    no, i dont know, like the whole sole proprieter, or C corp or the other classifications, im getting the ficticous name if that how you spell it rather soon, idk i want my buisness to have its own account and not to be added to my income except for the checks it writes to me. I havent incorporated yet
    You do know that when you incorporate your company you have much more personal protection? Incorporating is not that expensive, initially I was a 'C Corp' but changed later to a 'Sub S' because the taxes were less.

But most importantly it is for your protection.

Stringer

Oct 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
    You do know that when you incorporate your company you have much more personal protection? Incorporating is not that expensive, initially I was a 'C Corp' but changed later to a 'Sub S' because the taxes were less.

But most importantly is is for your protection.

Stringer
    Protection from what? Lawsuits? From what I can draw from what you said are you suggesting going to a C corp? Is there a site or something I can look at about different ways to incorporate? Less taxes sounds good lol
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Hi again, a2daj216!

Stringer can definitely give you excellent advice about being incorporated! What I'm good at is the advertising end of things.

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a2daj216 View Post
    protection from what? lawsuits? from what i can draw from what you said are you suggesting going to a C corp? is there a site or something i can look at about different ways to incorporate? less taxes sounds good lol
    For me 'Sub S' was better and it allows about 2 to 4 % less in taxing.

Each type of incorporation has benefits, perhaps this (below) will help and you can Google information.

Articles of Incorporation (USA) Form - LawDepot

And yes, that was basically what I was referring to, law suits. All forms of incorporating will give some level of protection. Sorry, I assumed that you may know that, it could save your butt. Along with liability insurance.

Stringer

Oct 27, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Hi again, a2daj216!

Stringer can definitely give you excellent advice about being incorporated! What I'm good at is the advertising end of things.

Thanks!
    Oh OK. Well I was wondering that as well, its my new years resoloution to get this thing going, right now is planning exacty how its going to run, they say most buisnesses die out because of lack of planning, don't want to be one hehe. I don't know exactly how to go about advertising either, I was going to call a few service providers and just start asking, also a apartment complex that I'm guessing has a lot of turnovers, I've got some card ideas but how would I distribute them lol... I'm good at the service, and I think I can whirl up some good business ideas but my main thing is service so the switch is a big one but I plan to learn as much as I can, I want to build the best car and be able to drive it
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
    You don't have to pay anything to advertise on the Internet and get excellent exposure for people looking for what you do, where you do it.

What sort of card ideas do you have, please?

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2009, 10:38 PM
    For me 'Sub S' was better and it allows about 2 to 4 % less in taxing.

Each type of incorporation has benefits, perhaps this (below) will help and you can Google information.

Articles of Incorporation (USA) Form - LawDepot

And yes, that was basically what I was referring to, law suits. All forms of incorporating will give some level of protection. Sorry, I assumed that you may know that, it could save your butt. Along with liability insurance.

Stringer
    Awesome... yea not your bad you'd assume somebody doing this would know a little more about what's going on. I might just go with the Sub s, I will have to do my research on it TY for the site info, I'm not scared or lazy about it, just haven't done it yet, I have so much excitement for starting it and trying to make it grow!! I appreciate your input stringer and clough, don't be surprised if I ask upon your wisdom of this subject in the near future!

Oct 27, 2009, 10:41 PM
    You don't have to pay anything to advertise on the Internet and get excellent exposure for people looking for what you do, where you do it.

What sort of card ideas do you have, please?

Thanks!
    Well I sketched up a logo idea, I'm meeting up with a person who makes graphics, I joined Google, would it be better to make like a godaddy site, you prove a good point not only is it free but most people don't check the phonebook any more with Google running the show
    Business Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 10:51 PM

There is a 'Search' function at the top of your thread, type in your info and you will get a world of help from this subject being discussed here over the years;

Janitorial

Cleaning

Business

Advertising

Cleaning service

Janitorial service

Business plan/s

Bidding

Proposal/s

Quotes (cleaning, janitorial, etc)

Cleaning or janitorial contracts

Etc...

Stringer
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 10:53 PM
    I don't pay for ads in the phone book anymore because most of my new business comes to me because of word-of-mouth and because of the free ads and free websites that I have on the Internet. However, there still are those people who don't use computers at all and will rely on the phone book.

Godaddy.com costs money to use. It doesn't have to cost you any money at all to get excellent exposure on the Internet.

As far as making cards and fliers of any sort, how about making them yourself? I make all of mine myself. Saves me money that way.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Did we lose you here, a2daj216?
    Business Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 11:11 PM

Night Clough... 1:10 AM, need some sleep before I start working again tomorrow...
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Goodnight, Stringer!

I hope that your day is really productive, tomorrow!

I'm house and dog sitting right now, so I have a really fast Internet connection. Am trying to take advantage of having that with renewing ads and updating websites.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Over? What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over a year now. She has been acting a little funny for a little less than a week now. Today we talked and she came to the conclusion that she wants to start over as friends and move on from there. When I started giving my input, I said that I don't...

Starting over [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys, I struggled for a while to get over somebody important to me, and I am happy to say I can finally live and have fun without the thought of them dwelling in my head 24-7. The problem is I feel different, I can no longer seem to communicate with females. Don't get me wrong, I can make them...

Starting over [ 2 Answers ]

I live in East Europe and have just started to watch a reality programme called 'Starting Over', I think it was very popular in America for a few years. Does anyone know the name of the music played when the credits go up please? The credits go too quickly and off the screen before I can see if...

Car is not starting [ 3 Answers ]

I had Honda Civic 98 Model, suddenly today It is not starting, Temp today is -8C. It has never given me starting problem.Battery seems to be OK.

View more questions Search