Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessekirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 07:57 AM
    abdominal region
    I have been dieting for around 3 weeks or so. I weigh 126 lbs and I used to weight 145 or so lbs. I am 24 and I have a small frame. My body is skinny, but when it comes to my stomach it buldges out like I've been told by many people it looks like a girl when pregnant how she is skinny but the belly sticks out that's how it looks. I have been taking hydroxycut the non-caffeniated for around 4 to 5 days thus far. I have been drinking 3-4 glasses of water a day, cut out all cookies, cakes, brownies, late night eating, try not to eat within 3 hours of bed time to make sure it doesn't sit, tried to eat more salads cut out all the fried foods and eating out do not drink alcohol, and somehow I've lost lbs as you see above but for some reason my stomach is still huge, I can fit into 30x30 jeans and used to wear a 33-34 x30 so its lost somewhere. I need some advice in how to TRIM my stomach part to match the rest of the body so its not so much bloated. What is going on, any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't take Hydroxycut period. It's being recalled for health issues, one being liver damage.
    Bsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Diet drugs never work for the long term. You have been doing all the right things w/ regard to eating. Now you need to look at your exercise regimine. It needs to include 30 minutes of cardio training daily, as well as weightlifting 3 times per week to help get rid of the "spare tire". Some of that my be heritary, though. Does anyone in your family have an "apple" shape? If so, there's only so much that can be done, but weight lifting will go a long way towards the body you want. I highly recommend Oxygen magazine, you can read it for free in large bookstores, and it has excellent recommendations on diet and exercises.
    fizeek Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2009, 01:13 PM

I'll tell you a little about myself. Natural bodybuilder for 16yrs and personal trainer. I've done 4 shows 1 being a National show. First I must say this is your first step in changing your lifestyle not just your physical appearance. There are 5 components of fitness I believe everyone should adopt to become successful in their goals. Nutrition is 95% of your success in changing your metabolism, Cardiovascular exercise for conditioning and to burn extra calories, weight training for faster metabolism over 24 hrs and of course to get that "toned" look. Flexiblility for the aid in the range of motion of the muscles and decrease soreness, and of course motivation. Your regimen has to be well rounded for everything to work perfectly. It takes at LEAST 6 weeks for a body to respond IF you haven't been exercising in the past. Yes I agree with ChihuahMomma, Hydroxycut has been recalled and I hate to say it but it's all junk. It may give you added energy but there is NOTHING in it to burn fat, it's calories in and calories out that's it. You cannot target certain fatty areas as genetics play in this. As your total bodyfat changes so will your areas. The weight training will help show off some of your hard work if you can change your composition. Good luck and if you have any more questions ask :)
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 7, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessekirk View Post
    i have been dieting for around 3 weeks or so. i weigh 126 lbs and i used to weight 145 or so lbs. i am 24 and i have a small frame. my body is skinny, but when it comes to my stomach it buldges out like ive been told by many people it looks like a girl when pregnant how she is skinny but the belly sticks out thats how it looks. i have been taking hydroxycut the non-caffeniated for around 4 to 5 days thus far. i have been drinking 3-4 glasses of water a day, cut out all cookies, cakes, brownies, late night eating, try not to eat within 3 hours of bed time to make sure it doesnt sit, tried to eat more salads cut out all the fried foods and eating out do not drink alcohol, and somehow ive lost lbs as you see above but for some reason my stomach is still huge, i can fit into 30x30 jeans and used to wear a 33-34 x30 so its lost somewhere. i need some advice in how to TRIM my stomach part to match the rest of the body so its not so much bloated. what is going on, any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

All right, FIRST OFF!

You don't need to buy supplements, please don't. Waste of money, that stuff is for bodybuilders. Stick to 6 small healthy meals a day or 3 meals and 3 snacks (2-3hour periods between munching). Do cardiovascular exercise, stop worrying so much about your stomach.. you probably just have big abdominal, worry more about what you are putting into your stomach and how it is effecting you. Make a journal of what you eat, when your workout.. durations etc..

You can't "trim" one part of your body, you have to trim the WHOLE package unfortunately.

Good luck. ;)

Jun 7, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodsterMan View Post
    Alright, FIRST OFF!

You don't need to buy supplements, please don't. Waste of money, that stuff is for bodybuilders.

Good luck. ;)
    I disagree with some of the statement. Most bodybuilders endorse supplements for the money and 99% of them are taking steroids. There are certain "supplements" that do help any individual with their body... protein powder, glutamine (helps in recovery, it's an abundant amino acid that our body uses a lot for immune system and repair) and a multivitamin, because NO one gets everything they need in their nutrition, regardless of how clean it is. :)
    -

Jun 7, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fizeek View Post
    I disagree with some of the statement. Most bodybuilders endorse supplements for the money and 99% of them are taking steroids. There are certain "supplements" that do help any individual with their body...protein powder, glutamine (helps in recovery, it's an abundant amino acid that our body uses a lot for immune system and repair) and a multivitamin, because NO one gets everything they need in their nutrition, regardless of how clean it is. :)
    As a Personal Trainer and a Bodybuilder, I can agree with what you said and also understand why you don't understand what I said.

MOST supplements like "hydroxcut" are meant for bodybuilders (like myself) to prepare for shows. They are not meant for the average human being to take. However, a young woman looking to lose some belly fat would not be interested in loading up on protein powder (unless its soy) and/or any supplementation unless it's a multi-vitamin. Why? Well.. she doesn't need supplements to lose fat, the body can do that itself. Eating healthy and natural foods is the way to go.

Protein contains 4 calories per gram, Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram, Fat contains 9 calories per gram.. the best way to lose fat is to eat all the carbs you need (whole wheats/ breads etc.. ) in the morning and eating more vegetables (low in carbs but still fill you up) in the evening. You should try filling up on water/ vegetables etc..

Jun 7, 2009, 10:18 AM
    I honestly think that ALL fat burners are junk as I have gotten ready for shows with and without them. Yes nutrition is the answer, and because we as Americans are so "busy" protein bars and or powers are used for supplementation. Women are notorious for not getting enough protein in their diet. I would never tell them to "load up on protein" I am a vegan bodybuilder by the way, so I no longer believe you should take gobs of protein, but it does help for individuals that don't have time to make meals based on their job or lifestyle. As for bodybuilding and fat burners, you know very well unless being naïve, clen is used a lot of the time to burn fat.
    False advertisement by those companies draw the general public to believe that taking that will make them lean, the people who are modeling the product are by far NOT bodybuilders, that's not their target audience

Too much soy products can cause estrogen increase, not 100% proven, but I believe there is some truth to that.
    -

Jun 7, 2009, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fizeek View Post
    I honestly think that ALL fat burners are junk as I have gotten ready for shows with and without them. Yes nutrition is the answer, and because we as Americans are so "busy" protein bars and or powers are used for supplementation. Women are notorious for not getting enough protein in their diet. I would never tell them to "load up on protein" I am a vegan bodybuilder by the way, so I no longer believe you should take gobs of protein, but it does help for individuals that don't have time to make meals based on their job or lifestyle. As for bodybuilding and fat burners, you know very well unless being naive, clen is used a lot of the time to burn fat.
    False advertisement by those companies draw the general public to believe that taking that will make them lean, the people who are modeling the product are by far NOT bodybuilders, that's not their target audience

Too much soy products can cause estrogen increase, not 100% proven, but I believe there is some truth to that.
    There is a huge debate on what is what nowadays. Like high fat diets = fat loss? And working more on low rep's = more muscle? The fitness industry as we know it as is being changed BIG TIME. Everyone sees 8pack abs and skinny skanks in magazines and everyone wants to hit the "I am healthy" target by using the "not healthy" target. It is greatly unfortunate.

A strict healthy diet 12-13 calories per pound of body weight, cardio vascular exercise and sleep. That is what needs to be done and should be done instead of supplementation.

I am not supplementing with clen, I have never experienced nor was tempted to try it. I have cycled steroids before and am now almost 100% natural. I shouldn't be telling people to not take supplements and then turn around and take a mouth full cause that is being hypocritical. But the OP is in a different circumstance then I am in and she shouldn't be trying the "quick fix."

Hope I am not just babbling on!:p
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 7, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessekirk View Post
    i have been dieting for around 3 weeks or so. i weigh 126 lbs and i used to weight 145 or so lbs. i am 24 and i have a small frame. my body is skinny, but when it comes to my stomach it buldges out like ive been told by many people it looks like a girl when pregnant how she is skinny but the belly sticks out thats how it looks. i have been taking hydroxycut the non-caffeniated for around 4 to 5 days thus far. i have been drinking 3-4 glasses of water a day, cut out all cookies, cakes, brownies, late night eating, try not to eat within 3 hours of bed time to make sure it doesnt sit, tried to eat more salads cut out all the fried foods and eating out do not drink alcohol, and somehow ive lost lbs as you see above but for some reason my stomach is still huge, i can fit into 30x30 jeans and used to wear a 33-34 x30 so its lost somewhere. i need some advice in how to TRIM my stomach part to match the rest of the body so its not so much bloated. what is going on, any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Ever seen those Kids on the T.V. in poor countries? Did you ever notice that their really skinny, but their stomachs are really big?

So how do you eat? How many Callaries a day? What % of your overal intake of Callaries are from; FAT (We do require some fat, trans fats best.), CARBS, PROTINE, FIBER? Figuring out what percentage you eat and how much you exercise is important. You have to keep a balance to be healthy, not try and force your body to change in derastic ways.
    In other words diet to your intended body use. If you work out then eat more callories; if you work out less eat less and so on. I'm not sure what your percentages are but if you go on this site, Calorie Calculator Easy Online Tool | Active.com You can look at your callories, body mass, body fat, Ideal weight, nutrition, Tearget heart rate and so on. This site seems pretty helpful.

I recommend you cut out the pills, they are unnecessarry and dangerous.

For water, I advise drinking around 90oz. Or 64oz. A day, or you maybe dehydrating yourself. If you drink pop, coffee, or anything like that, then you need to drink more to keep hydrated.

Does your belly start sticking out higher up, or lower. If it's lower, you may have a lot of stuff in your intestines. Did you know, "John Wayne - Autopsy revealed that John Wayne's colon weighed 82 pounds. 77 pounds were composed of dried fecal matter. The remaining 5 pounds was living tissue." - COLON HEALTH (under COLOSTOMY, fifth paragraph.) You may have some intestinal issues and so your tummy is sticking out, I'm not sure how you'd get ride of that, Fiber? Maybe increase your fiber in your diet, but not too much, over do it and you'll get ill or something.

Stomach and Abdominal Bloating Causes (Here read this! Truly interesting... ) Water must have, gum bad? :eek: Blew my mind, well the gum.
    Bloating Causes and Cures

So take care, and "keep fit and have fun." Hahaha, any one know what that's from haha? :D:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Region 9 philippines [ 1 Answers ]

can u give me some literature of the region 9 philippines, any form of literature pieces, such as stories, poems, myths, epic, etc..:confused::o

Spots by pelvic region [ 3 Answers ]

I have some red spots that are red by my pelvic region sort of where I shave some. I was wondering if it was because I shaved the whole thing with a razor and it got itch and stuff that caused it or if it could be a std because I doubt I have one because I had no sexual contact at all. Help I just...

Pimples in pubic region [ 1 Answers ]

I have about four reoccuring pimple looking bumps in the pubic region. None of them near the vagina area, just the pubic area. Has anyone ever had this? I am kind of scared it could be herpes or something... :(

DVD Region question [ 1 Answers ]

If I was to buy a DVD, bought in Australia (region4) would I be able to play it on a UK DVD player (region 2)? Thank You

View more questions Search