Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 05:04 AM
    you have it wrong The issue was moving patients from expensive hospital care to much cheaper nursing home care . It was il duce who made the economic calculation .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 05:27 AM
    Let me guess, no nursing home turned him down.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 11:15 AM
    he said he would take away their license . The March 25 order that forced infected patients on them allowed for no exceptions ....the exact words from his directive “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to ­admission or readmission.”

Some nursing homes before March 25 had no reported cases or deaths . After March 25 every nursing home in the NYC area had both patients and staff sick and dead .

Cobble Hill Health Center had lost 55 patients to C-19 . The director begged NY Dept Health for relief . He wanted to transfer C-19 patients to the under utilized Javits Center or to the almost empty USN Comfort . His requests were rejected .
    To rub salt into it ; Cuomo barred visitors from nursing homes . So as the patients were dying ,they could not even say good by to loved ones; family did not get to see the conditions their senior relatives were in. He allowed infected C-19 patients into nursing homes but not healthy relatives of the sick and dying .
    Trust me ;if I could find harsher words for that facia bruta I would a more despicable human has never walked the earth .
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 03:21 PM
    I doubt if Cuomo was the only governor to use that strategy, nor is the threat of losing a license an excuse to do the absolute wrong thing. I am aware your feelings for your governor is almost as biased as mine is for the dufus.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 04:42 PM
    The last stat I heard had Connecticut having 60% of it's c-19 deaths in nursing homes and 60% of c-19 deaths in Massachusetts were in nursing homes . I have not done a state by state comparison. I know what il Duce decreed . I don't even fault him for that .I fault him with being confronted with the facts and still delaying reversing his decision for weeks while the deaths piled up .Then he tried all types of blame shifting ....alternately blaming the nursing homes ,his lie about him following CDC guidelines ,and even trying to blame the NY Post because they ran some reports on Cuomo's callous attitude about his failure .
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 04:50 PM
    Politicians can be rather touchy to criticism can't they? I've been following best I can through local news feeds and to be honest, I question not just some of the numbers, but the way they get and report those numbers...if indeed they do. Imagine a state NOT keeping track or worse not reporting them accurately.

That's not good.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 05:50 PM
    can't imagine that. can you? what with funding considerations and all, not to mention the political implications
    Expert

Jun 1, 2020, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    can't imagine that. can you? what with funding considerations and all, not to mention the political implications
    That why I do my own homework Clete.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2020, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    a more despicable human has never walked the earth .
    Have you checked out the White House recently?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2020, 07:15 PM
    Oh come now where are trumps concentration camps?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 09:16 AM
    He's referring to the Governor of NY, not Trump, as the most despicable character to walk the face of the earth.
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 09:51 AM
    They've been along the southern border and various other US cities with brown people for some time, but now he is looking to expand to the larger cities with protesters, black, white, peaceful, violent...they are all the same to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Deadly Failure - The 70 Days Delay [ 70 Answers ]

"What's the problem? A few tens of thousands dead more or less because of my delay. There's plenty more where that came from. No big deal!" https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1250470557520281600/DnApOYeQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is Volcanic ash more deadly when it is wet? [ 1 Answers ]

This is probably a silly question, so hang in there please. I was trying to theory-craft ways to lessen the danger of volcanoes that can spew ash, and I wondered what would happen to ash if it went through some sort of high-powered net of water to cool it. I saw somewhere that it becomes more...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search